Page 1 of 4
Well in debate class I have to debate on the question in the title. The only problem is that I have to be on the negative side. What that means is I have to say Russia isn't a threat. I've been looking at stuff for a long time and I am really stumped. Everything I find says Russia is a potential threat. Can anyone help me out on what points I can debate saying Russia isn't a threat to the U.S.? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Well your first clue is "potential" Everybody can be a potential threat. Especially those damn Brits.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by VadarRevan
Everything I find says Russia is a potential threat.

Lol remember when they said Iraq was a threat with all those invisible nuclear warheads?

America is jealous of another superpower country so they look for excuses to take it down eg saying it is a threat when that is a lie.
you're gonna lose bro, all other civilized nations are a threat to us these days.
our "war" isnt making the world happy. we're ham fisted in our attacks. we're run by corrupt and depraved individuals. and best of all, we're broke!

anyone with a few thousand men, and enough guns and ammo, could very easily take us over.
the only thing in they're way as it is, is a few fat middle aged men (aka the national guard.) and of course, gun nuts.

but of course, gun nuts would form small militias, doing as much, or more damage than our invaders would. they would burn, pillage, rape, and kill anything in they're way. large organizations would fall apart. and even the most well prepaired, and well stocked household would end up falling to the civil war that would be, by now, im full swing.

the best bet at this stage is to pack up your families and girlfriends and guitars, and head for england, or canada, or australia.

i cant pick which way ill head when i get the funds.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by Jackal58
Well your first clue is "potential" Everybody can be a potential threat. Especially those damn Brits.

*Steps into light*

Don't forget us maniacal Canadians. Oh yes, us maniacal Canadians.

*Steps back into shadow*
Quote by p o e
you're gonna lose bro, all other civilized nations are a threat to us these days.
our "war" isnt making the world happy. we're ham fisted in our attacks. we're run by corrupt and depraved individuals. and best of all, we're broke!

anyone with a few thousand men, and enough guns and ammo, could very easily take us over.
the only thing in they're way as it is, is a few fat middle aged men (aka the national guard.) and of course, gun nuts.

but of course, gun nuts would form small militias, doing as much, or more damage than our invaders would. they would burn, pillage, rape, and kill anything in they're way. large organizations would fall apart. and even the most well prepaired, and well stocked household would end up falling to the civil war that would be, by now, im full swing.

the best bet at this stage is to pack up your families and girlfriends and guitars, and head for england, or canada, or australia.

Are you freakin serious?

This is the most paranoid delusional bull**** I have ever read.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Are you freakin serious?

This is the most paranoid delusional bull**** I have ever read.

eh? so what. maybe i am serious, maybe im not.
what i do know is that, honestly. gun nuts wouldnt help many people out. trust me, i know a lot of them. they'd be too paranoid and delusional themselves to help someone out. everything is either a trap or some kind of way to ruin they're lives.

so, ridicule me. please, be my guest.
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Quote by p o e

I'm heading to America when I get the chance, because I'm not a raging idiot.
Quote by Retro Rocker
I'm heading to America when I get the chance, because I'm not a raging idiot.

can we party?
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Quote by p o e
can we party?

Well, you ARE a stripper.
Unless you're lying on the internet. But who the hell does that
well considering that both the us and russia have massive amounts of nuclear weapons, i would say that would be a pretty big deterrent for both nations to engage in full blown war.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Retro Rocker
Well, you ARE a stripper.
Unless you're lying on the internet. But who the hell does that

well, i am. althought im not good enough to get paid. and im a guy. and ive only done it once.

but hey, ill bring some chicks, some ganja, and some jacks. and all you have to do, is bring lots, and lots of euros.
Quote by Code-E

Quote by magnum1117

Quote by necrosis1193
Quote by stepco12345
*Steps into light*

*Steps back into shadow*

Pffft. Some threat. We'd just park beer trucks on the border. You wouldn't go any farther.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Come to Canada, we have plenty of chicks(hotter than yours), beer and pot(better than yours). Plenty of room, too.
No. Simple answer.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I was under the impression that Russia had a lot more firepower than the US. Maybe older and less advanced nuclear weaponry, but still a lot more. Though I can't find any reliable sources on it...
Quote by Sunny Afternoon
Come to Canada, we have plenty of chicks(hotter than yours), beer and pot(better than yours). Plenty of room, too.

sounds like fun. Yeah I think I'm going to look into the Russian economy or something and try to say they are currently to weak to be a threat. I have no idea where I'm heading with this.
Quote by p o e

Ahhh yes. The good old U S of A. We have all kinds of nuts.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
As far as I know the relations between Russia and the USA are better now than in the Cold War days of the 80s and nothing happened back then so not really.
To be fair Russia are pretty pathetic atm... a bit like Germany after WW1... then again, we all saw what happens when you kick a nation while it's down.
Pack your bags folks!

Just don't come here.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

America is jealous of another superpower country so they look for excuses to take it down eg saying it is a threat when that is a lie.

well Iraq wasn't much of a superpower country even before we invaded it now was it?

honestly i don't think any lone country could stand against the U.S. despite the fact that we're broke, we still have more than enough weapons to send this entire planet back to oblivion and then some.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by VadarRevan
sounds like fun. Yeah I think I'm going to look into the Russian economy or something and try to say they are currently to weak to be a threat. I have no idea where I'm heading with this.
The Russian economy is currently growing while the US economy is stuttering.
Quote by Jackal58
Oh thats not true

I mean for example, Canada isn't a potential threat to anything in any way
Quote by Waterboy799
well Iraq wasn't much of a superpower country even before we invaded it now was it?

honestly i don't think any lone country could stand against the U.S. despite the fact that we're broke, we still have more than enough weapons to send this entire planet back to oblivion and then some.

probably why we are so broke, huh?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I vote for Russia. They are just way more awesome.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Yay for Russia, I like Dostoevsky

But meh, not much of a threat yet, but in the coming years, they will be
Quote by stepco12345
*Steps into light*

*Steps back into shadow*

Et n'oubliez pas les Quebecois!
LA POUTINE! LA POUTINE!
Quote by freedoms_stain

Is the Russian population still falling or has it leveled off since I last checked?
Quote by Grundy0
Is the Russian population still falling or has it leveled off since I last checked?
Probably still falling, things are getting better in some places but they're still pretty ****ty in others.

I don't think their huge suicide rate has dented much either.
Quote by freedoms_stain

that still doesn't mean the U.S. can't annihilate them...."spend while in debt", believe it or not it's an economic ideology (can't remember the name unfortunately), not one i agree with, but one the U.S. has been following for quite sometime.

Quote by NoLaurelTree000
probably why we are so broke, huh?

it's a mixture of things. military is indeed one of them
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by freedoms_stain
Probably still falling, things are getting better in some places but they're still pretty ****ty in others.

I don't think their huge suicide rate has dented much either.

Russia's on the rise I reckon, along with China, the US of A is going to take a long plunge down from being a superpower.

No but it sure as hell was filled with lots of oil contracts.......

Right now, no but I think americas stand point as a superpower has reached a turning point.If the country cant pull itself out of its current economic slowdown I think things could change in the next ten years.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
The U.S. will probably be in Iraq for more then 50 years, so I don't think they'll want to be at war with another country as well...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
The U.S. will probably be in Iraq for more then 50 years, so I don't think they'll want to be at war with another country as well...

I can see it turning out like britans involvement in northern ireland.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Page 1 of 4