Poll: Maple of Rosewood?
Poll Options
View poll results: Maple of Rosewood?
Maple
31 62%
Rosewood
19 38%
Voters: 50.
I apologise if this has already been posted several times, but I am curious to see your opinions on this. I've replaced my LP Studio for a Fender USA Strat Std (which will be my first Fender) and I've chosen to get it with a Rosewood neck What do you think?
''Quietly turning the backdoor key
Stepping outside she is free.''

My Equipment =

Fender 2008 American Standard Stratocaster
Vox ADVT15-XL
Aria ASP-30
The maple fingerboard is a bit snappier, which works well with a weakish neck singlecoil. I've only had a rosewood fingerboard on my Squier Strat (as well as various Ibanez's and whatnot), so I can't really judge how much difference it makes; but it should be a bit mellower and warmer than the maple.

The neck on all Strats is maple. It's the fingerboard that can be rosewood or maple.
rosewood is better in my opinion, it doesnt play as smoothly as maple, but it wont look discusting after years of play. You can clean a maple fretboard like new again but it takes longer, and well, i wouldnt want to spend 10 minutes cleaning the fretboard every time i change the strings.
Maple necks are smoother in my opinion.
Gear:
-Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS
-Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue
-And all the fuzz a man needs
I like Rosewood better because I like to be able to feel the fretboard under my fingers. Maple is too smooth for me.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Mine fretboard is maple and I really like how slick and smooth it is.

But ultimately like everything else in guitar, try both, see which you like better.
AWESOME MUSIC
Maple is sexier, but I prefer the feel and tone of rosewood.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
on strats and teles maple is sexier... but generally i prefer rosewood
they both have their applications in this case maple would probably be better(as said earlier)
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Well heres the think: I have 2 strats. One of them has a maple fretboard and it feels very, very smooth. The other has a rosewood fretboard and you can feel yourself playing when you use it. I presonally love both, but for a strat I enjoy using a maple fretboard. Both are excellent though.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
The feel on maple fretboards are perfect for me, along with the brighter tone, helps when you have a muddy-ish amp like me. But when they get dirty, it gets really visible cause of the light color.
Strats should have maple necks. They look great, and they are exceptionally smooth.

Rosewood or ebony for all other guitars.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!