Forked out some more money and picked up a Rivera knucklehead tre. Just wasn't all that impressed with the gain structure on the Mesa. Been doing biz with this one store for a long time so I have a chance to run this one thru its paces .
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I personally loved the Stiletto when I tried it. Exactly how much did you try to get a good tone out of it though? Mesas are notorious for needing to be tweaked to get a good sound out of them, it took me a good 2 or 3 weeks to get a really good tone out of my F30. Never tried the Knucklehead, though.
congrats on the new amp, but the stiletto is more british voiced having weaker gain than some of the other mesas. still, both good amps wither way.
Yeah, very different amps.

I Stiletto kills for classic british rock!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
never played a mesa.. but the tre is the best high-gain amp i've heard. congratz
really?

that's surprising, but whatever floats your boat man. you got another nice amp anyway

what exactly didn't you like about the gain on the Stiletto anyways?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I was so used to playing the twin with overdrive and liking it. I guess that tone was stuck in my head but I wanted to improve on it. The rivera is almost a twin on one side but better. Chimier with a character of its own. The hot side is marshall kind of. Very unique with the ability for all the notes to ring thru. Just got it. Believe me I think the Mesa is a killer amp it just wasn't for me.
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Hey, when your playing around with $1500+ amps, it all comes down to personal preference! Nice score on the Rivera!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Thanks
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
nice man those riveras kick major (mesa) ass
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12