Poll: Where is the bigger difference
Poll Options
View poll results: Where is the bigger difference
Acoustic
11 61%
Electric
7 39%
Voters: 18.
The question on the title is worded wrong but basically what i am trying to say is that is that is there a bigger difference in buying a super awesome guitar (like a les paul) and a crappy $200 electric guitar (like a squire)

This is assuming that the amp is the same for all guitars
-----------or-------------

a bigger difference in a super good acoustic guitar and crappy $200 acoustic guitar
i would say acoustic because of the upgrade ability of an electric guitar. but that's just my opinion.
There are a lot better guitars than the les paul for the same or less money.
However, a $200 guitar will not be something that will satisfy you in the long run.
if you're looking for a "beater" then go ahead with a $200 squire. otherwise, save your money for something else.
Yea, I'd say that a strat for like 300 is a best bet for something that's not a ton of money but still will last and sound good forever.

Anyway, yea upgradablity is a factor for electrics, once you buy an acoustic, you're stuck with it, but then again, not much can break on an acoustic.

So the deal is, acoustics, to me, sound mostly the same for different ranges (i.e. 100-200, 200-300 and etc) but electrics are not the same way, because there is the option to vary from stock parts.
If Rock is a lifestyle, then Metal's an addiction

"People don't kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"

Quote by Gee-tar-eist
I wouldnt give a ****, i would gladly play music for people to steal it!
Id say electric, I don't own any acoustics but I played some around 200 price range and I personally don't see the point of going any higher. But I also don't see the point of playing electrics above a grand unless its completely custom built for you.
Quote by strat212
but then again, not much can break on an acoustic.

What? Acoustics are much more fragile than electrics, no?

Quote by cruc1a7
I don't own any acoustics but I played some around 200 price range and I personally don't see the point of going any higher.

Oh lord...

There are plenty of inexpensive electric guitars that sound and play great (see Danelectro, Squire, etc...). I have never found an acoustic under $300 that provides even a fraction of the sound quality or playing comfort of a higher-end instrument. It would make sense - as they are (be it arguably) more sensitive to wood and construction quality than electrics - that the gap between low and high priced acoustic guitar quality is more substantial.

That said, it certainly doesn't mean you can't have fun on a cheapo acoustic.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Apr 29, 2008,
acoustic by far

£200 electric compared to a £1000 has a lot of difference but you can get a very similar qualities in both and sometimes may only take a new pic up or lowering the strings to make the cheaper one even better

similar prices in acoustic has a huge difference, most likely the cheaper one well not produce a good sound, the intonation will be a lot weaker and in generall the more expensive acoustic will feel and play so much better

however
in acoustics you get to a certain point when there becomes no difference
but with electrics that point is considerably higher as there is so much more that can be done to electrics to make them better

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite