Page 1 of 3
So i was thinking of playing at lunch, just like around. Its not like a set up thing. I just want to bring my acoustic and play outside at lunch or in a hall. But i never had courage to do it...incase someone walks by and is like "i can wreck you" or "you suck, il rip you apart with my dragonforce solo"

Dragonforce is overated i find lmfao..

K so what are songs i should play? and how should i build up confidence in my self.
Take your guitar to school and play whatever you want, and screw anyone who calls you or challenges you to a guitar duel.
Some tenacious D, babe I'm gonna leave you...

I saw a guy and I was like... cool, now play something awesome!! Well I thought that..
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Just get into the mindset that other people's opinions are inconsequential. That's the only way to build confidence. It'll take a while, but eventually you'll just be contented with yourself.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
seriously if you care this much then you either really do suck or youre just a pussy
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
no offence, but it just makes you look arogant and stuff when you go playin when no one asks you
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Please don't. It's a one way ticket to Peoplethinkyou'readouschebagville.
+1
I have no opinion on this matter.
dont
mostly douches bring there guitar to school to impress people, which is kinda stupid to me.
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
dude dont be that guy.

if youre gonna tho, dont be the one that sits in the middle of the lunch room singing out of tune at the top of his lungs while strumming a bunch of chords. that just screams "look at me, i can play guitar, im trying way too hard to get a girl because i am still a virgin"
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I do it. Other guitarists tend to think it's douchey, everyone else - staff included - thinks it's awesome.

Do what you want.
Aslong as you're not trying to impress people then go for it, just play what you want. Why should it matter what anyone else thinks? I thought that was what music was about anyway?
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Bark at the Moon... acoustic version ftw.

Nothing wrong with playing in school, just don't be a dick about it.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
just dont hang in a populated area, take a back corner or outside.
I'd say go where people don't go a lot, so not in a super crowded place. If you do like others said, you'll look like a douche!

^omg we had the same though!!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Play classical or Jazz.

If you chunk out bull**** chords and sing, it'll accomplish two things. 1.) You'll make it apparent that you have no talent and 2.) You'll make it apparent that you only brought it to get chicks.

If you play "art music", you can claim you're practicing to earn the respect of your fellow musician.
The only people that I've known to do that are complete douchebags. Don't do it.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
Of course there's gonna be those preps or whatever that are gonna call you gay but skrew them if you like it that much then do it. and are you even allowed to bring a guitar to school to play?
Quote by xitlight
Play classical or Jazz.

If you chunk out bull**** chords and sing, it'll accomplish two things. 1.) You'll make it apparent that you have no talent and 2.) You'll make it apparent that you only brought it to get chicks.

If you play "art music", you can claim you're practicing to earn the respect of your fellow musician.

ah play something you can't quite play perfectly and practice it. Make sure you can sort of play it because.. you don't want to sound terrible.

Bring something you want to learn and learn it.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

just play some chord progressions and sing along by calling people that walk by you names
i wasnt allowed to bring a guitar to lunch wen i was in school....****in dick principal
I've done this once before with this other guys guitar. Know that I did it they all want to hear more. Well the music teacher does anyways.
Quote by screwup30
Aslong as you're not trying to impress people then go for it, just play what you want. Why should it matter what anyone else thinks? I thought that was what music was about anyway?

All the people that say only douches do it are arrogantly stupid. I agree: as long as you don't do it to impress people, it's okay. Bring it to school for your own enjoyment. However, when I used to do it at school, lunch was never long enough.
It's acceptable if you're good enough to impress other guitarists

Please don't be one of those posers who buy an accoustic guitar just to bring it to school and don't even know how to play.
Ain't nothin wrong, ain't nothin right, and still I sit and lie awake all night...
Quote by 12Jim34
Take your guitar to school and play whatever you want, and screw anyone who calls you or challenges you to a guitar duel.

The correct answer
Quite a mixture of replies here...seriously though, DO IT!

But only for the music, not the girls/attention etc...
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
I know I always seem some douche kid at my school playing his ****ty acoustic in the main hallway bench thinking he's bomb and everything just because he's switching between different basic chords like E minor and A major while sporting his AC/DC shirt
Quote by d3mon slay
elliott smith stuff dude

yeah but the tuning for that..

i bring my electric to school(without an amp) at least once a week for spare, not to impress ppl or show off or get made fun of, just to play guitar, write new songs, not just hang out talking. its my hobby, and i will do it where ever and when ever i can.

i think TS should go for it and just play what you usually play, dont worry about entertaining ppl, do it for yourself. but thats just me.
Last edited by theshroomman at Apr 28, 2008,
kk i dont suck balls like some kid from a third world country playing an acoustic. Im going to play infront of some friends outside. like dont get your panties in some kind of thong arrangement!!
Quote by 12Jim34

yea, just bend them over and screw them, dont take that **** for any1, and trust me you'll never get made fun of again!
Page 1 of 3