I'm on the look out for an H-S-H configured Stratocaster. All of the ones I've found so far though have been ain a more metal Ibanez/ESP/Kramer super-Strat style though with no pickguard and jumbo 24 frets and all that. I'm looking for a more traditional Strat guitar (e.g. front-routed with the big pickguards, a normal Fender or at least Fender-style neck, vintage tremolo, etc), just with HSH instead of SSS or HSS.

Anyone know of such things? I've looked at Fender, Squier, Yamaha and Ibanez so far and nothing any of them do fits the bill.

EDIT: there's no real budget, but I'm not looking for anything pro-quality. This isn't going to be gigged. So I don't really want to be spending a fortune on it. And don't worry about amp/playing style etc, that's all irrelevant to this.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
If you have the money, get an american strat, and get a HSH pickguard and wire it yourself with the desired pickups.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Make sure that thing is routed out completely first. A lot just route for SSH only
If it is only routed HSS, you get a pickup set up like this

Bridge-Dimarzio Tone Zone
Middle- Dimarzio Area 58
Neck- Dimarzio Air Norton Hotrail (this is a humbucker to fit in single coil routs)

looks like this

Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Teh GIR
If you have the money, get an american strat, and get a HSH pickguard and wire it yourself with the desired pickups.

This is the road I went down and I had my USA Strat transformed into something quite unique

Would an HH with S-1 switching work for you? Probably hard to find and not sure if Fender even makes them anymore? Maybe you have already seen them, but I figured that model might be easier to modify and would def have the routing you need.

Or are you truely wanting to go HSH route?
;
Quote by jayeshrc
ibanez rg2550z? or did you not want ibanez?

He doesn't want a super-strat style guitar. the Ibanez RG is a type of super-strat.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by Holy Katana
It'll cost you, but Suhr makes some.

He might as well get a Vigier, lol.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
If I recall correctly the Fender Lite Ash strats are routed for HSH configurations so as long as you're ok with swapping out the pickups that's a good choice; there's a couple of people on the BKP forum who swear by them.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
My Fender strat body has HSH hole underneath. I just have to change the pick guard. Dunno about the rest.
Thanks guys.

I had no idea that Fender strats could take extra humbuckers just with a pickguard swap. I figured any kind of single/humbucker change would require extra routing. From the sound of it a Fender with a new pickguard will be the best way to go.

Thanks again all.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Thanks guys.

I had no idea that Fender strats could take extra humbuckers just with a pickguard swap. I figured any kind of single/humbucker change would require extra routing. From the sound of it a Fender with a new pickguard will be the best way to go.

Thanks again all.

You have to be careful, not all of them will but I' pretty sure the Lite Ash ones do for sure.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by .arkness:.
He doesn't want a super-strat style guitar. the Ibanez RG is a type of super-strat.

hey but isnt the rg2550z a superstrat WITH a pickguard???
in the specs, look for swimming pool, or HSH routing. if unsure about the routing for a specific model, contact fender customer service, at fender.com.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011