What do you guys think of Ernie Ball strings? I'm thinking of giving them a try.
Before I switched to Rotos, I used both Super and Hybrid slinkies and liked them. Really bright sounding strings.

Main issue, they tend to go dead quicker than your typical Rotos. But I think for the relatively low price, they are good.
I think they are very good strings. Though they don't last for a hugely long period of time, they have the perfect growly tone that no other string (that I've tried) can match.

I'm not going to tell you they're the best string (although some close-minded fools will tell you Rotosounds are), as they're entirely subjective.

Try out as many string types as you can, and make a decision on the strings for you.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
slinkies and super slinkies are the only strings I use. no other strings I've tried are as comfortable, or sound quite as nice in my opinion....if we're talking bass strings I actualy couldn't honestly tell you, cause I'm talking guitar strings here...
Quote by Nutter_101
I think they are very good strings. Though they don't last for a hugely long period of time, they have the perfect growly tone that no other string (that I've tried) can match.

I'm not going to tell you they're the best string (although some close-minded fools will tell you Rotosounds are), as they're entirely subjective.

Try out as many string types as you can, and make a decision on the strings for you.

Well I've already tried Rotosound and loved them but I'm looking to try a new string out.
i think they are really easy to play with . it just feels a lot smoother to me and the bends and vibrato's are easier
Honestly, I think they are some of the best strings out there. I bought some Super Slinkeys recently, and they're a little bright at first, but they get better. I would honestly go for the normal slinkeys (you know, the ones in the green pack?)

Yeah, I'm not too good with this stuff.
The.
I personally love them. They give me the growly tone that I love. I probably will never use other strings.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
sound nice, but they die too soon.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I love Ernie Ball Bass Strings. I think They last just as long as any other nickel roundwound set out there and sound a little bit brighter in my opinion.
Ever Dance with the Devil in The Pale Moonlight?
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I dislike them a lot. They're tone was average to me and they died quick.

Completely agree, I prefer DR
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
DR's are ok, and are overpriced with the lame claim of being handmade...sure...
I just buy mine from America. Probably wouldn't pay full UK price though
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

yeah, I bought some DR strings in the states too and wasn't very impressed. I dig Ernie Ball bass strings, they give me the bright tone that I want. To each his own i guess...
Definately, actually that makes sense, I'm not a fan of brightness

I used hybrid slinkies and then I got rotosounds and I loved them. Now im back to hybrid slinkies and I probably wont buy rotosounds again.
They're pretty much established as great strings. You can't go wrong with them, unless you simply dislike the way they sound. The awesome things is how inexpensive they are. If you're a college student like me, anyway.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by WhyLater
They're pretty much established as great strings. You can't go wrong with them, unless you simply dislike the way they sound. The awesome things is how inexpensive they are. If you're a college student like me, anyway.

Thats what I like to hear How much can I expect to pay for a set?
Under 20 USD. In my neck of the woods, I've gotten them as low as 16 USD.

WhyLater is right, for the price they are great, great strings and I like them better than the more expensive DRs by far.
I like Ernie Balls too. Prefer Stadium Elites though.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!