Here it is Pit monkeys, the almighty Mango Appreciation Thread where we discuss the awesomeness that is the mango, its luscious, sweet and undoubtedly orgasmic flame coloured flesh, all that juicy, occasionally tangy goodness and oh so many things you can turn it into be it milkshake, juice or ice cream. Ladies and gentleman, may we discuss, the mango
(Invalid img)
I've never had Mango...am I missing out?
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
RANDOM FACT ABOUT ME: Mango was my first solid food, and one of the only things I ate for 6 months as a child.
Yeah, k...
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Mango is for fruit n00bs.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by screwup30
I've never had Mango...am I missing out?

Most certainly, waltz down to your local grocery store and pick one up (they're in season right now), cut it up any which way you like and enjoy the fruity goodness, don't eat the skin or seed though
i dont like them lol

i like kiwaiis though
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by Shred Head
Most certainly, waltz down to your local grocery store and pick one up (they're in season right now), cut it up any which way you like and enjoy the fruity goodness, don't eat the skin or seed though

Will do amigo, thanks for the heads up...im looking forward to it already
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Mangos are amazing.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
They're so expensive. When are they in season? If there even is such a thing for mangoes. They're as elusive as female orgasms around here.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Mangoes are kick ass, just eat them plain with a little lemon and salt or like TS said milkshakes and icecream
Mangoes are an amazing fruit.

Even so, they cannot be compared to the greatest fruit of all....

PEARS!

Seriously, pears are undermined in the fruit society. There's Cherry, Grape, and Orange flavored everything (soda, gum, mints, candies, air-fresheners, etc.) yet nothing comes in pear flavor.

I think I speak for the entire pear community when I say:

We demand reprisal.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I barely ever have mangoes. But when I do...
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
Quote by dudetheman
Mangoes are an amazing fruit.

Even so, they cannot be compared to the greatest fruit of all....

PEARS!

Seriously, pears are undermined in the fruit society. There's Cherry, Grape, and Orange flavored everything (soda, gum, mints, candies, air-fresheners, etc.) yet nothing comes in pear flavor.

I think I speak for the entire pear community when I say:

We demand reprisal.

Yes, especially the "lol wut" pear!
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
I love Mangoes.

Great fruit, or greatest fruit?
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by lespaulrocks39
They're so expensive. When are they in season? If there even is such a thing for mangoes. They're as elusive as female orgasms around here.

They're usually in season around late April and May, yes, they are rather expensive but my entire family enjoys them so it absorbs the cost, you live in Manhattan so that probably explains the monstrous prices, just look around a corner store, preferably something from India, its neighbours (more likely the southern ones) or Thailand, they eat a lot of mangoes so you're more likely to find some there
Quote by Joey Radical
Yes, especially the "lol wut" pear!

No, I despise that particular pear.

It was funny the first few times, but then people started using it in the wrong situations and far too often. It got annoying and I'm glad it's banned now.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Mangoes are good. To expensive in New Zealand but when i went to the Philippines it was just free mango right outside our house
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Lookatthis97787.jpg[/img]
^ I don't know pears taste good but they have an odd texture.

Now mangoes rock my socks, though. Laugh out loud. ( I am boycotting text speech in inappropriate situations. You aren't being charged for each character here.)
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
I have a mango tree in my backyard (tropical weather FTW!!) that gives me endless joy year round

oh.. and btw... that mango on the fist post doesnt look anything like mangos from here... they seem very small

edit: nevermind those mangos are from India and south Asia... i was talking bout South American big badass mangos
I had mango earlier today

Also mango is really good in other foods. I had a Malaysian mango chicken thing a few weeks ago. Was gorgeous!
Quote by just17n8
I have a mango tree in my backyard (tropical weather FTW!!) that gives me endless joy year round

oh.. and btw... that mango on the fist post doesnt look anything like mangos from here... they seem very small

edit: nevermind those mangos are from India and south Asia... i was talking bout South American big badass mangos

I couldn't find a decent picture of a mango and I cba to take a pic of a mango from the batch I'd just eaten from
I went to Jamaica for 10 days and every morning there was a breakfast buffet with the best fresh mangoes (a TABLE pretty much dedicated to those awesome fruit) and I always pigged out on them.

Mango > your preferred deity/hero/parents
Mangoes are absolutely delectable. My family is from Bangladesh so we buy them whenever we can =]
Mango treats are great too. There are few things that are better than mango ice cream, and even less for mango pie. Nothing beats the real thing though. Sweet, juicy, tangy, and luscious.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

i...i...dont know where i would be without mangos. any kind of mango...the ones in the first post, the big south american ones....

man f*ck you TS now you got me wanting one look what you did lol.

time to talk to the mother to go buy one. or eight.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12

Anyone ever have this for dessert?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']I had mango in juice form today... Love them.

EDIT: How can I pick out the best mangos at the store? Are they supposed to be kinda soft?

not too soft... firm but on the soft side... and depending from where they're from you can tell by the color... south american ones (like posted before) are ripe when red or orange - ish
Quote by just17n8
not too soft... firm but on the soft side... and depending from where they're from you can tell by the color

mangoes and breasts have the same properties
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
I love mangoes. They're my second favourite fruit, right after strawberries.
The Indians make particularly good use of the mango as a desert. I once had this mango and rice dish, and it was delicious. Then there's the flavours of things you can get, mango tea, manggo ce cream, the occasional mango sweet...
Good god, they're delicious.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9