right, i recently discovered Pendulum, and they completely opened my eyes to Drum and Bass, and i was merely wondering if anyone had any other bands in the same vein that were worth checking out...

i must say though, i prefer their new stuff off of 'In Silico', but im really quite open minded...

loveses
try Aphrodite, Black Sun Empire, Ed Rush, Concord Dawn
saw pendulum dj set@ lowlands, BSE&Ed Rush @ ICON, and gonna see Aphrodite at next ICON
I was a fool the way I used to reject them. But after my brother made me give em a try, I found them to be amazing.
Quote by mightmuffin
Seeing em live at download problem is theres no other decent d 'n' b out there so i cant realy recomend anything else

That's not true though is it ? I think you just haven't heard enough.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by mightmuffin
Seeing em live at download problem is theres no other decent d 'n' b out there so i cant realy recomend anything else

It might just be a case of you not liking other d'n'b acts.

I'm not even sure if pendulum still count as DnB as they seem to be going for a more rock/dance crossover sound now.

Still quite fond of them anyway, should be fun seeing them unless lots of wankers go :/
Alone in a Godless universe, and out of Shake'n'Vac
^True, but totally different and not as accessible really.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Alot of people like Pendulum but the same people cant get into DnB.

They're not a good example of what to expect if you want to get into drum and bass.
if you like pendulum you may like sub focus, andy c, concord dawn, chase & status, TC, dj fresh, mampi swift, shimon, noisia, etc. i'd recommend getting andy c's nightlife mixes/cds and having a listen to those to hear a range of artists/tracks that are on the more accessible side of dnb to see if you like them.
from daylight...
...into darkness
yeah actually i just noticed the "i prefer their new stuff off of 'In Silico'" part. i havent heard that album but i've heard that it's erm... rather different (ie not dnb, but 'rockstep').

if you don't like Hold Your Colour then ignore my advice.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Propane Nightmares is the biggest load of **** i've ever heard...pure disney channel crap, that synth they got goin' on sounds dead generic to me, with no power whatsoever. They used to release good stuff as well.....

Always arguments about these sort of "baby step" artists who introduce so many to a genre, and more people listening and appreciating d&b can be a good thing. Spose we can only hope annie mac and co. get into some proper stuff soon
Propane Nightmares is catchy, but it's annoying how everyone is going round singing is praises as 'proper hardcore drum 'n' bass'...
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by i<3mtv

Always arguments about these sort of "baby step" artists who introduce so many to a genre, and more people listening and appreciating d&b can be a good thing. Spose we can only hope annie mac and co. get into some proper stuff soon

As with any fad, out of the hundreds that will flock to it, the majority will be idiots but there's always a good few that stick with it. The idiots annoy like no other, and can completely discredit the genre/fashion/whatever but they move on and you'll always have the good few that stick around and get properly into it.
Quote by mightmuffin

Anyone know where this guy lives? I have the sudden urge to drop a bomb on his house.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
You can drop it the same way pendulum drop the bass in every single one of their songs.
Quote by kurtrip
saw pendulum dj set@ lowlands, BSE&Ed Rush @ ICON, and gonna see Aphrodite at next ICON

All of which are loads better than pendulum.

Quote by MastaBassist10
If you like Pendulum's new album, you don't like dnb. You like rock at 170 bpm with drum machines.

Heh.
I don't really like his music too much, but I just wanna say that Aphrodite has been around FOREVER. Seriously, him and Mickey Finn were around even before jungle, heading up the Urban Shakedown hardcore label in the early 90s and probably late 80s.
^ *textbook namedrop*
Quote by MastaBassist10
I don't really like his music too much, but I just wanna say that Aphrodite has been around FOREVER. Seriously, him and Mickey Finn were around even before jungle, heading up the Urban Shakedown hardcore label in the early 90s and probably late 80s.

Didn't know that; what don't you like about his music? Some of it I like and some of it I've heards a bit too jump up/cheesy for me.
Quote by Jackolas
Didn't know that; what don't you like about his music? Some of it I like and some of it I've heards a bit too jump up/cheesy for me.

His buildups always make me so tense, but then the drop is so anti-climatic. He basically lacks the energy I need, especially since he's a jump-up guy.
Quote by MastaBassist10
If you like Pendulum's new album, you don't like dnb. You like rock at 170 bpm with drum machines.
i wish more people would realise this
Quote by kryptonite22
i wish more people would realise this

Yeah, its not bad music per say, its just not really dnb.
Quote by kurtrip

Nice! I saw BSE 2 weeks ago and they just blew my mind. My favourite drum n bass. And I'll be seeing Pendulum in just under 2 months.

I don't really know much drum n bass like Pendulums new album (I'm not a big fan of it) but you should check out all sorts of jungle and drum n bass and find some venues near you to dance. Nothing better than being on a dancefloor listening to good drum n bass!
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
I bought Pendulum's In Silico in sale the other day and i've gotta say i'm in love with this album!
Its brilliant... Especially "The Tempest". Its pretty good composition.

I might be seeing them next month too...

And i for once didn't consider them DnB. They're more like electronic rock.
Pendulum are amazing
I would have gone to see them live but i couldent get the tickets intime since they all sold out ><

Try innerpartysystem, they're kinda like it. :-)
Went to an El Hornet DJ set last night with some MC for a 90 minute set. Was pretty mental, more fun than the Reading set as they stuck to the older tracks mostly too.