Hey there guys. Im looking to get a amp that has good cleans and does the brootalz.
I have an ibanez SZ320.

i was thinking a combo or 50 watt amp (tube) so i can crank it... its not like i (or anyone) needs a 100watt tube why fork out all that money when your not going to hear the amps full potential?!

So recommend me an amp combo or head

cheers
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Mesa boogie single recto series 2
Line 6 Toneport
Mesa boogie single recto series 1
Digitech GNX4
under $3000
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
Mesa Mark IV?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by gface
Hey there guys. Im looking to get a amp that has good cleans and does the brootalz.
I have an ibanez SZ320.

i was thinking a combo or 50 watt amp (tube) so i can crank it... its not like i (or anyone) needs a 100watt tube why fork out all that money when your not going to hear the amps full potential?!

So recommend me an amp combo or head

cheers

100 watt isn't too much louder than a 50 watt. Since you're doing brutalz, you don't need to be completely cranking the power section anyway, so forget about watts. What is your price range?
Quote by gface
under $3000

Holy Sh!t! Lets go amp shopping!!
Colors by Between the Buried and Me is the Best album ever
Dude pretty much anything is open. Used roadking, rectoverb, 5150, JCM800+boost, Framus cobra, mark III, mark IV, ENGL fireball, powerball, or SE, VHT Sig x, + an avatar or used mesa cab. Your options are pretty much unlimited.
Quote by darkarbiter7
Mesa Mark IV?

Seconded. Or a Lonestar. Or a Hughes and Kettner Trilogy.
Well, what's more important? Cleans or Br00talz?

If you like cleans, I'd recommend some form of high end/vintage fender.
For brootalz, I say the Mesa Mark IV or some form metal amp like that.

What you could always do, is get two amps. One for cleans, and one for the disto.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Well, what's more important? Cleans or Br00talz?

If you like cleans, I'd recommend some form of high end/vintage fender.
For brootalz, I say the Mesa Mark IV or some form metal amp like that.

What you could always do, is get two amps. One for cleans, and one for the disto.

this is possible, with the money you got. then get a amp switcher.
wow with 3000 you could get a mesa lonestar and mark 4 used of course and then amp switch then for brootal and clean or get roadking or BOGNER UBERSHCALL CHECK THIS AMP OUT IT IS AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. your possibilites are endless with that money maby even a used diezal
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
VHT's are pretty bitchin.
Colors by Between the Buried and Me is the Best album ever
Alright lads, look at his location. If I remember correctly $3000 Austrailan might get you a Single Recto, not much else.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Alright lads, look at his location. If I remember correctly $3000 Austrailan might get you a Single Recto, not much else.

Oh damn didn't see that

In that case, single recto, 5150, bugera
Yeah Australia gear is way overpriced, for instance an Orange Rockverb 50 head, which would be awesome for the OP, goes for 2.6k.

You could try an Orange Tiny Terror, or try a range of Marshalls (you could get a head + cab for around 3k). Mesa is out of the question.

Have you looked at a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade?
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
Quote by rhettro
Intermediate? 3K?

my thoughts exactly. 3k amps are not intermediate, but if youre an intermediate player with some cash to burn, go for it man.

suggestions from me...probably mesa mark iv

dno...never had that kind of cash for an amp
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by nvranka
my thoughts exactly. 3k amps are not intermediate, but if youre an intermediate player with some cash to burn, go for it man.

suggestions from me...probably mesa mark iv

dno...never had that kind of cash for an amp

You did read the rest of the thread yeah? Where it states he's Australian, and can't afford as much as you Americans?
Quote by dudey5691
Carvin V3 (is it TOO budget?)

Bogner Ecstacy

Mesa Mark IV

Sorry for not helping that much :

Read the thread more..
As much as I dislike recommending Mesa amps, the F-series tend to pop up used in Oz quite regularly. Exactly what you're after, and the Caliber and DC series are equally suitable, if a little harder to find.
thats a bummer man I was hoping to see a new amp tread with a something like a bogner uberschall maby you have friends who could buy it then ship it to you then you pay them back probly still cheaper.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Quote by 80sShred4TheWin
thats a bummer man I was hoping to see a new amp tread with a something like a bogner uberschall maby you have friends who could buy it then ship it to you then you pay them back probly still cheaper.

Ship from America?
Can, but shouldn't be done. America's voltage is at 120volts in a house hold. Australia's is at 240. So you can imagine something that's supposed to run at 120volts getting double the power, yes? Not very good if you ask me..
Quote by Moe.
Ship from America?
Can, but shouldn't be done. America's voltage is at 120volts in a house hold. Australia's is at 240. So you can imagine something that's supposed to run at 120volts getting double the power, yes? Not very good if you ask me..

cant i get a transformer?
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
Quote by gface
cant i get a transformer?

Not sure, you might.
I never went into too much detail of studying with the whole voltage thing.
Signatures are overrated.
Look used on ebay. Engl screamer 50 can be had for around $2300. If you already have a cab you can get an Engl Fireball or Richie blackmore head.

Have a look at these web pages.
https://www.billyhydemusic.com.au/shop/index.cfm?action=browse&id=30
http://www.guitar.com.au/
http://www.bmusic.com.au/category66_1.htm
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by Moe.
Not sure, you might.
I never went into too much detail of studying with the whole voltage thing.

He could easily get a transformer to use, but I shudder to think what the shipping would be from America to Australia..
Quote by bartdevil_metal
He could easily get a transformer to use, but I shudder to think what the shipping would be from America to Australia..

Not to mention the taxes.
shipping will cost around $300 dollars.

We australian dont get taxed for ANY imports under $1000 dollars excluding shipping. Effectively i can buy anything costing $999 and import it and i wont be taxed.

Anything over $1000 is taxed at a rate of 10%.

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=5549
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by .arkness:.
shipping will cost around $300 dollars.

There are some people that charge up to 500 dollars though.

Anything over $1000 is taxed at a rate of 10%.

If he purchased a 3000 dollar amp, that'd be 300 dollars in taxes yes?

It's hard to decide whether it'd be worth it when he could go through less trouble down here.
Quote by Moe.
There are some people that charge up to 500 dollars though.

If he purchased a 3000 dollar amp, that'd be 300 dollars in taxes yes?

It's hard to decide whether it'd be worth it when he could go through less trouble down here.

It is a lot of trouble and risk involved. Good luck trying to get your money back on any US ebay auction if its damaged in shipping. The courier service will most likely blame bad packing and the seller wont be held responsible for damages done in shipping.

Smaller items like pedals, pick-ups etc etc are extremely worth it however. A lot less fragile, no power issues and cheaper price. A lot of guitars from major retailers in the Us are worth it as well, as long as its not over $1000. Make sure its in a good hard case and all should be ok.

Amps on the other hand are basically not worth importing due to voltage differences, more fragile, import taxes and shipping costs. It might end out a bit cheaper but the effort put into it wouldn't be worth it. Its much easier to just buy locally.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
It is a lot of trouble and risk involved. Good luck trying to get your money back on any US ebay auction if its damaged in shipping. The courier service will most likely blame bad packing and the seller wont be held responsible for damages done in shipping.

Smaller items like pedals, pick-ups etc etc are extremely worth it however. A lot less fragile, no power issues and cheaper price. A lot of guitars from major retailers in the Us are worth it as well, as long as its not over $1000. Make sure its in a good hard case and all should be ok.

Amps on the other hand are basically not worth importing due to voltage differences, more fragile, import taxes and shipping costs. It might end out a bit cheaper but the effort put into it wouldn't be worth it. Its much easier to just buy locally and used.

Exactly.

I added that last bit in a reference that Australia's used markets a lot better than the new marker by the way.
Remember guys..its 3k Australian. Not sure how much that is in american, nor what prices are like there
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by rhettro
3000 Aus dollars is equal to about 2800 US.

yeah but a mesa boogie recto HEAD will set us back $5000
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4