I don'y know what to buy next:
1.Boss OD-20

2.Electric drumset ( cuz I cant stand preset drum patterns anymore)

3.a bass

I'm going to be a one man band but I just simply don't know.
a nice bass

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

i'd narrow the list down to the pedal and the bass. Electric drumsets sound HORRIBLE. I'd get the bass from there. You can always get the help from a drummer, or get a program to insert drums for you(although that would be incredibly lame IMO). And then you could always add a little percussion with a bass. SLAP BASSIN'!
A bass. I second that. I play drums and I'd love an electic set but theres no point, I already have a decent set. But I don't have a nice bass!
you could buy a decent bass and a boss od 20 for the price of a worthwhile drumset
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by deknisely
i'd narrow the list down to the pedal and the bass. Electric drumsets sound HORRIBLE. I'd get the bass from there. You can always get the help from a drummer, or get a program to insert drums for you(although that would be incredibly lame IMO). And then you could always add a little percussion with a bass. SLAP BASSIN'!

If I knew a drummer that didn't want money, and could actually jam with me
I would've done it by now. I do have Session Drummer 2 for sonar though.
Drums aren't exactly a need. just that I have a little lag right now in my
midi controller. plus it'd be fun.

Edit: Bass is'nt needed either. I found a way to fake it with sonar. Sounds 'guitary' though. As in rythm-ish.
Last edited by bdragob at Apr 28, 2008,
true that, but still. you'd be alot better off buying a bass or pedal than wasting a ****e load of money on an electric drumset. trust me.
Quote by bdragob
If I knew a drummer that didn't want money, and could actually jam with me
I would've done it by now. I do have Session Drummer 2 for sonar though.
Drums aren't exactly a need. just that I have a little lag right now in my
midi controller. plus it'd be fun.

Edit: Bass is'nt needed either. I found a way to fake it with sonar. Sounds 'guitary' though. As in rythm-ish.

might sound like a typical bassist, but there's no way you can fake a bass. lol. but hey, it's your band, so do w/e you want.
Get a bass.

For the drums, just download hydrogen and make your own patterns. You can make them sound pritty realistic when you get good at it.
My stuff:
Fender Tele 60's Reissue
Schecter Blackhawk
Vintage V300 acoustic
Yamaha RB170 Bass

Peavey Classic 30 amp

Boss SD-1, DOD Grunge, Guyatone PS-010 Compressor, Marshall SV-1, Vox V847, Zoom G2, Line6 Echo Park