Page 1 of 2
So who on UG also plays golf? What clubs do you use? Who is your favorite player? What tournaments have gone to watch?

I'm incredibly bored and am expecting minimal to no responses here, so keep your golf bashing to yourself, you only make yourself look like an ass.

Well, I use ping i3's (which I bought from an idiot for $100, best deal I have ever had lol) and my favorite golfers are Jim Furyk and Ian Poulter.
I used to play a bit of golf...kinda lost interest when I took up the guitar, I dont regret it but maybe someday ill return to the gentleman's sport
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Quote by blue_strat
Crazy golf > normal golf.

You mean battle golf? Or sprint golf?

Cause Battle golf is where you play match play style, but whenever you win a hole, you get to take a club from the other player.

In sprint golf, the first one to finish all holes (while following the rules) wins.
Quote by blue_strat
Crazy golf ....

as in ... like .... at the seaside ...

Mini golf?

All I picture in crazy golf is two people sword fighting with 5 irons
i play, i just have a cheap set of John Daly's my gf got me for my b-day last fall. I love the game, but am just getting back into it. I don't have any favorite golfers but I will watch golf tv for tips and some of the plays are very impressive.

my average score is between 101-105. basically, when we play we average a beer a hole after the third hole so ....... you can see why the scores are over 100
I play golf life Tenacious D do at the beginning of the long version of Tribute. Wiffle balls + Golf clubs FTW!
Quote by VoodooChild15
I used to take my penis out and touch stuff with it when no one was looking.

Quote by teensean
THANK YOU!!! i love you Snyde_Platypus!!!

I explained "lulz" =D
i really cant stand watching it on tv. its just like who the hell watches this? anyways i used to play for about a month and lost interest due to...funner things
Quote by jamogod
i play, i just have a cheap set of John Daly's my gf got me for my b-day last fall. I love the game, but am just getting back into it. I don't have any favorite golfers but I will watch golf tv for tips and some of the plays are very impressive.

my average score is between 101-105. basically, when we play we average a beer a hole after the third hole so ....... you can see why the scores are over 100

Do they say "Impact" on the bottom? Cause that was my first set
I watch it on tv the odd time, some of the big tournaments are pretty enjoyable
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Do they say "Impact" on the bottom? Cause that was my first set

No. it says LTD. got them at walmart I believe. nice set for someone who only golfs about twice a month.
Quote by jamogod
No. it says LTD. got them at walmart I believe. nice set for someone who only golfs about twice a month.

Ok nevermind. The ones I had were really good for me when I first started. The driver was the size of an infant, lol. I always called it my "dead baby on a stick."
haha, sweet. the driver in my set is pretty damned bit too, just a bit too much flex for me though. other than that, the rest of the set it pretty good.
Yea, clubs are pretty much like a guitar. Even if they aren't very good or expensive, if your good you can play great with them.
i stopped playing two years ago when i got my skull shattered by my buddies driver haha...but i still love to watch the sport
My Gear
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez RG550
Fender Tele Deluxe
Mesa/Boogie Lonestar
Keeley Compressor
Keeley TS808
golf is the best sport ever... sometimes. I have talormade rac LT's. I play for my golf team at school. I only wish it gained me a little more respect......
I get to frustrated it's probably unhealthy ahaha.

It is really awesome when you do well though
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I have a set of Wilson irons that are, by all standards, pretty ****ty clubs, but I play for fun and not competitively at all. Kind of bummed that I've only gone once this year but hope to do it a lot over the summer.
i've been playing golf since i was like 6, i have titleist 981 irons, i used to play alot more, but skateing/school/guitar/work have mingled their way into the mix, im still pretty decent though, probably about a 4
I do, since I was about 12...so 6 years

Handicap: 8.0 - $15 a year

Gear:
Driver: Taylormade r5 D - $250
Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue 3 and 5 - $200
Irons: Taylormade r7 Irons 3 - PW $800.....got 'em for - $330
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 56 - $176
Putter: Ping G2i - $96

Total: About $1450
Last edited by Hot_Money420 at Apr 28, 2008,
Quote by DenDen1010
i've been playing golf since i was like 6, i have titleist 981 irons, i used to play alot more, but skateing/school/guitar/work have mingled their way into the mix, im still pretty decent though, probably about a 4

Ah, nice. I used to have my dads old Titleist dci's. They were amazing clubs, but some guy offered to sell me his Ping i3's for $100 lol.

Quote by Hot_Money420
I do, since I was about 12...so 6 years

Handicap: 8.0

Gear:
Driver: Taylormade r5 D
Hybrids:
Taylormade Rescue 3 and 5
Irons: Taylormade r7 Irons 3 - PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 56
Putter: Ping G2i

Hot damn! My dad has the r7 driver. That thing is bangin hot. He says he may give it to me if he gets a ping G10 driver. He has the G10 irons, which are IMO the best you can get
Im on my highschools golf team.. its pretty amazing. I seem to only use my 1 wood 3 wood and 5 iron haha idk why. Im bored too someone talk to me
Quote by sports_chik5
Im on my highschools golf team.. its pretty amazing. I seem to only use my 1 wood 3 wood and 5 iron haha idk why. Im bored too someone talk to me

LOL I use driver, 5 wood, 7 iron most often.

Actually thats a lie, I use my sand wedge more than anything
Quote by sports_chik5

Best advice I have ever heard:

Be The Ball -

Quote by Hot_Money420
Best advice I have ever heard:

Be The Ball -

Dude, if I wanted to be a piece of sports equipment I would be a womans bicycle seat.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Dude, if I wanted to be a piece of sports equipment I would be a womans bicycle seat.

I would be Michelle Wie's putter:

lets see in my bag i gots...

cleveland launcher driver and 3 wood, cobra gravity back irons, cleveland wedges and odessy 2 ball white-hot XD putta!
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)

I don't know, Maria Sharapova's racket looks like it has a good view:

Quote by Connah
lets see in my bag i gots...

cleveland launcher driver and 3 wood, cobra gravity back irons, cleveland wedges and odessy 2 ball white-hot XD putta!

I have that exact putter. Best putter I've ever used
I might as well, also

Ping i3 irons.

...I can't find pictures for the others lol but they are

Walter Hagen soft metal SW
Ping ISI driver
Odyssey White Hot #2
Some crummy 5 wood.
I have a Ping G5 driver and some Taylormade irons. play off a 6 HCP and my favourite golfer is Tiger and Bubba Watson. never been to watch a tournament but im hoping to go to new zealand open this year. same irons as hotmoney or whaever his name is posted a couple of posts up
Last edited by ElliotTW2K6 at Apr 29, 2008,
Golf thread on UG.... Bonus!!

Ye, im from Carnoustie, have a season ticket and was at The Open!

Weathers hotting up here for some good gowf o'er the summer!
I got 2 golf clubs within 5 miles fom me, I enjoy playing from time to time, even though I have crappy clubs I'm not bad at it though.

Forres

Kinloss

Both good courses. Haven't had a round in a while actually

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.

*puts up flame shield*

I personally think golf is quite possibly the most boring sport (can it even be called that?!) invented...
Hit a little ball, walk after it, repeat process until in a hole in ground.. fun fun fun...

*runs out thread chuckling to self*
Quote by sam b

*puts up flame shield*

I personally think golf is quite possibly the most boring sport (can it even be called that?!) invented...
Hit a little ball, walk after it, repeat process until in a hole in ground.. fun fun fun...

*runs out thread chuckling to self*

Football: Hit a little ball, run after it, repeat process until it's in a net.. fun fun fun...

*gets some cheese on toast looking triumphant*

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.

Football is entertaining though... You see skill, injuries, the occasional fight..

All you see in golf is a bunch of old people walking around a field with a metal pole and tiny ball
Quote by sam b

Football is entertaining though... You see skill, injuries, the occasional fight..

All you see in golf is a bunch of old people walking around a field with a metal pole and tiny ball

Football is stressful to watch though Especially when you get beat by Chelsea ¬___¬

You may have to wait a few years for a golf fight to break out, but when it does, it's worth it. Ever seen 2 old people beating each other to death with metal sticks? It's awesome.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
yeh i play i'm not overly good though, my average is 58-60 on 9 (without handicap). although last week i had a particularly bad day and scored something like 66.

i use a really old set i borrowed from my uncle, the woods are actually wood so yeh.

i recently became a member of my local club and by the end of the year i wanna get to at least 50, have a handicap, and be playing comp. (good luck!)
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Page 1 of 2