If the name is the Spanish word for November, it is Noviembre.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Supreme Bump.

/Killer Instinct Reference.

Bumped so progbass and I can converse
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Love this band
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Oh wow, I forgot I had made this.

Killer band, I recently got Novembrine Waltz, and it's great stuff. These guys are pretty underrated around these parts. A shame.
they are pretty underrated anywhere in the states.

however it seems they are gods over in Italy.

BEST doom band IMO

so yeah Slay, Dreams D'Azur or Wish I Could Dream it Again

(Also, I have their whole discography save for Blue, so im game for album recs )
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Wish I Could Dream It Again... > Dreams D'Azur

IMO, of course.

Everything is just better, to me.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I though they were the same album, just D'Azur was re-recorded? What makes the first better? ( I haven't heard it).
I prefer the production and feel of the album.

It's a bit overpolished on Dreams, and I dislike that.

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by Broadsword
I though they were the same album, just D'Azur was re-recorded? What makes the first better? ( I haven't heard it).

the biggest difference i noticed concerning music is the intro to Seagull in the Sky, they redid how the guitars were layered and played a different solo.

Other than that, it was mainly Carmello going through and cleaning up his vocals. There are still minor differences you can hear if you listen to the songs back to back (like the usage of a flanger in Dream of the Old Boats) but its mostly just polish. Makes the album sound more like Novembrine Waltz in a sense.
HESSIAN HAREM
Hmm. I dont like much doom. But Novembre is good. I dont have much though.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by blood8815
I have materia its awesome

oh damn, i cant find anywhere to download novembre

I popped in Materia the other day and was surprised at how well the songs held up.

Too bad most of the songs follow the same structure. One of the only downfalls to that album.
HESSIAN HAREM
At least the songs are good enough and meaty enough to be able to follow a certain pattern.

Some bands simply can't do one pattern albums, but some do it fabulously.

Quote by eggsandham2
Good band.

I'd say they deserve a purchase from me.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by Slaytanic1993
At least the songs are good enough and meaty enough to be able to follow a certain pattern.

Some bands simply can't do one pattern albums, but some do it fabulously.

True. Like I said, it holds up well.

Aquamarine, Verne, and Track 2 (mind blank right now) are the same structure, but pretty good songs if listened with filler in between.

I would say there is no real weak track on the album, it holds up pretty decently.
HESSIAN HAREM
zomg bump!

No seeds on any torrents for these guys.. a shame indeed.. I'm extremely positive my local hastings won't have any of their stuff. I hate my town
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
You really can't go wrong if you actually...*ahem* BUY one of their albums

Good luck finding it though
HESSIAN HAREM
my god, this band is just so ****ing good
all i have are Materia and Novembrine Waltz, which i've heard aren't even the best, and i still love them
If you were to find a good Novembre album, it might be in your PM box

but I would say NW and M are pretty solid.
HESSIAN HAREM
I was unaware that you liked Novembre....

check yo box son

working on writing a Novembre / Alcest type song right now
HESSIAN HAREM
progbass, really diggin this album, great atmosphere

i'd like to hear this song when your done, you check out those other shoegaze recs yet?
Quote by progbass
I was unaware that you liked Novembre....

check yo box son

working on writing a Novembre / Alcest type song right now

I have Materia, The Blue, and Novembrine Waltz
^ NW and Materia are ace, but Blue is kinda lazy on their part.

Quote by dminishedthingy
progbass, really diggin this album, great atmosphere

i'd like to hear this song when your done, you check out those other shoegaze recs yet?

I had to dig out Arte Novencento when I heard Alcest, it was just too similar.

I'm almost done, just trying to perfect some parts...

And I checked out a little of My Bloody Valentine, who didn't impress me, and very little of Lush, who seemed alright.

I'm really trying to find some Sigur Ros though, that whole shoegaze/post rock atmosphere sound is what I'm after.
HESSIAN HAREM
we're even check your inbox

Loveless is MBV's best album, so check that one out when you get a chance

according to wiki, The Blue sounds like Novembre with more death metal influence, is it a successful combination?
it sounds quite interesting
Quote by dminishedthingy
we're even check your inbox

Loveless is MBV's best album, so check that one out when you get a chance

according to wiki, The Blue sounds like Novembre with more death metal influence, is it a successful combination?
it sounds quite interesting

yes, it is
buy/download/steal
Quote by progbass
^ NW and Materia are ace, but Blue is kinda lazy on their part.

I had to dig out Arte Novencento when I heard Alcest, it was just too similar.

I'm almost done, just trying to perfect some parts...

And I checked out a little of My Bloody Valentine, who didn't impress me, and very little of Lush, who seemed alright.

I'm really trying to find some Sigur Ros though, that whole shoegaze/post rock atmosphere sound is what I'm after.

try Takk
^ will do

Quote by dminishedthingy

i'll get it soon, i'd like to give Arte a more thorough listen before i get anything more

Blue was a more back to basics kinda thing, we they essentially wanted to re-create Classica.

They put the shreddzy solos back in, but backed off on the atmosphere a bit, and some songs sounded like B sides from Materia. Then again, Materia wasn't even out for a year before they went back to the studio.....

hopefully Carmello and crew decide to take a little longer to flesh their ideas out more.

and yes, I'll say we are even, but I'm sure I still owe you (OSWaP right? I think that was you)

Song is almost done, just gonna rework my drum beats. I write everything out as a standard beat first, find out how much i want to repeat riffs, and tweak it accordingly. After the first go through is finished, I transfer everything over and add fills to drums and bass to make things interesting.
HESSIAN HAREM
I went ahead and checked this band out because of this thread, and I'm glad I did. All I have so far is Classica. It's one of the best albums I've heard.
Bumping this thread for the sake of great Doom albums such as Dreams D'Azur and Arte Novencento
HESSIAN HAREM
Novembrine Waltz ftw. That's all I can really say after two and a half years, haha. Man, this thread was from them good ole times...
Novembrine Waltz, Materia, Classica, Arte, and Dreams are all class albums

I strongly urge our new waves of younguns to check them out.
HESSIAN HAREM
I think I like CLassica best, just above Novembrine Waltz, all their stuff (except the newest, which is markabley average) is pretty ace though.
Listened to Novembrine Waltz for the first time on a hill looking over Florence. One of my best memories.
Then I dropped the booklet in a fucking puddle. I was not happy.
Fits along nicely with all the other kinda folky/melodic doom bands I've been getting into. These guys, Slumber and Rapture probably being some of the best
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!