I`ve been playing for 2 months now, and I was wondering if Fade To Black by Metallica would be an easy song to play. The intro seems fairly easy (like the very beginning), and I`m sure I could learn the electric guitar parts.

Are there any easy parts that I could try, or is this song out of my range for now?
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Epiphone Les Paul Special II
- Crate 15W Amp
- Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Peavey International II Drum Set (Cherry Red)
- Zildjian Cymbals
- Evans Heads with Remo E-Rings
If you start out really slow you should be able to learn it, but it will take time to get it to sound good and up to speed. The key is to learn it much much slower then you think. Only speed it up little by little when you can play it perfectly. Start out only learning the first measure. When you got that memorized then add another measure and so on.

When I started out I wanted to learn Stairway to Heaven so I started working on it little by little from the beginning. It took a couple months to get my finger muscles built up before things got easier.

BTW, I started around Christmas so naturally I had to learn a couple Christmas songs. Those are good beginner songs.
take it slow and step by step... anythings possible.... the beginning is easy up to the first solo... but if ur looking for an easier metallica song id say learn nothing else matters cause its a lot slower and the solo is pretty cake.... or mama said on acoustic... gluck
Alright, thanks for the responses guys. I'll go try it out.
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Crate 15W Amp
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Zildjian Cymbals
How do I do this part exactly?

I put my fingers on the 12th and 10th fret of the B string, pluck it, then pull off to the tenth, but how do I do the next part? How do I pull off from the 12th to the tenth, then pull off to the 8th fret?
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Crate 15W Amp
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Zildjian Cymbals
Pinky on the 12th fret, third finger on the 10th fret, first finger on the 8th fret. and pull off from 12 to 10, then 10 to 8. Then slide to 7.
Quote by metalman89
Pinky on the 12th fret, third finger on the 10th fret, first finger on the 8th fret. and pull off from 12 to 10, then 10 to 8. Then slide to 7.

Ah, that would work. Thanks!
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Crate 15W Amp
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Zildjian Cymbals