Poll: Should fall out boy be the ones to do the honors?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should fall out boy be the ones to do the honors?
Fall ou boy has every right to do so
27 52%
Somebody who has actually influenced music she be able to do it
24 46%
Voters: 52.
Page 1 of 2
Although i think that is a good idea i think it should be one by a better band like led zeppelin.

i personally think FOB knows they will not be remembered for their ****ty music and so they do something like this to stay in history.

what do you think UG?

what other band should get the honors?
Last edited by All_Bodies at Apr 28, 2008,
Link?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Old I think, but still kinda lame... why FOB?

I heard Fall out Boy uses the searchbar!!

(YES!!)
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
you know...thats probably far enough away so that we wont be able to hear them...perhaps they should not only go, but stay, for a long long time
Quote by loganrocksabass

how can your girlfriend be in your band if she's in the kitchen?
Quote by All_Bodies
Although i think that is a good idea i think it should be one by a better band like led zeppelin.

i personally think FOB knows they will not be remembered for their ****ty music and so they do something like this to stay in history.

what do you think UG?

I think that if a band wants to, they should be able to, regardless of what others think of their musical talent.

edit: "Somebody who has actually influenced music she be able to do it"
what the hell?
Last edited by FireandFlames at Apr 28, 2008,
i think it's funny how people argue about who should be "allowed" to play in antarctica. whoever is dumb enough to play music in freezing weather to a bunch of polar bears and penguins should be able to do it, regardless of fame or influence.
Well they can play in Antarctica but I call the moon, so HA!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by schecter_guy
i think it's funny how people argue about who should be "allowed" to play in antarctica. whoever is dumb enough to play music in freezing weather to a bunch of polar bears and penguins should be able to do it, regardless of fame or influence.

There are no polar bears in Antarctica...
when reading FOB i thought "forum of the banned"... i was like "FOB in antartica... WTF!! no thats where it is"

And why is there so much FOB hate on UG? I hate music bandwagons...

Personally I think they're decent.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Maybe they'll get raped by penguins.
I wonder what penguin sex looks like... I'm sure the Japs must have thought of it already

Edit:

--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
In all honesty, without thinking about the quality of music, they probably will be remembered even though they are bad in my opinion. In terms of cultural impact, they've been pretty influencial among young teens these past couple of years and anyone who kinda changes things around or is kinda the spokesmen for a group of people (in this case poppy teens and kids) have a tendency to be remembered in the future. You may not like that we'll remember then, but in forty or fifty years people will still remember them. Just probably not like in a hundred or w/e.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
i hate fob nd i think a good band that has been around for a while should do it. TS work on your spelling.
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
you know i dont think ive ever heard a song by fall out boy? why do you people care so much, you dont have to listen to their music. why do you all resent it so much if a crappy band is popular?
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by RPGoof
Fall Out Boy must've froze their little preteen emo balls off. A more brutal band should do it. How's Immortal?

because a band that plays t3h br0074lz has a better chance of withstanding cold than a pop-punk band.
i really could care less if they go to antartica
its not that big of an honor, its not like theyr playin at some big prestigious festival. Are you gonna tell them they can't do it just cuz you think they suck? I don't actually like them, but i just think its a dumb idea for anyone to do it, even if my favorite band was doin it
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Fall Out Boy has definitely influenced music. Although not for the good, in my own personal opinion.
I think you're an idiot.

Do you really not notice the whole section under the article for this exact purpose?
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by diminishedtobme
This is music made for penguins!!11!!1!1

Deaf penguins.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

hold up

didnt someone play in antartica for LIVE EARTH on 7/7/07
i forgot who it was but someone did
Quote by FireandFlames
because a band that plays t3h br0074lz has a better chance of withstanding cold than a pop-punk band.

Well Cannibal Corpse is all big and beefy and almost bears! They could easily survive the cold. Pop-punk bands are skinny little bltches.
Quote by All_Bodies
what do you think UG?

The forum for all general discussion that is not covered by other forums, from music issues to whatever.

*reported*
damn i wanted to be the first to do this no i must go to the moon to play damn you FOB
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.

-Timothy Leary
Quote by PlayMadness
And why is there so much FOB hate on UG? I hate music bandwagons...

Personally I think they're decent.

wtf. so you think avoiding "love" bandwagons and hating them is a bandwagon... so if everyone loved them and followed them like they were god you would hate them?? w e
i personlaly think that a band that influenced music should to it, but then again, who is that goddly??? so i guess whoever gets there first.
Who the **** cares if they play there!? No need to be a such a dick about it. I'd rather have them there than Led Zeppelin, at any rate.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Herman/Gates
wtf. so you think avoiding "love" bandwagons and hating them is a bandwagon... so if everyone loved them and followed them like they were god you would hate them?? w e
i personlaly think that a band that influenced music should to it, but then again, who is that goddly??? so i guess whoever gets there first.

I simply think that most of the people who say they hate Fall Out Boy are only doing it cause it's "cool" with their friends. Every time I've found someone who doesn't like them, and played them without telling them who it is, they like it.

Then I tell them it's FOB and they flip out and tell me to shut it off.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Eh, why not Fall Out Boy? Unless some viking metal band decided to row a dragon boat from Scandinavia to Antarctica, which would be so much more awesome. They obviously don't make "****ty music" or they wouldn't be as popular as they are. It doesn't really matter if they influence music at all, if they want to do it, let them.

This band gets way too much hate from people.
Page 1 of 2