So my band played at this party on Saturday. Actually it was my buddy Bo's party, and his band pretty much.

Anyways, so it turns out Kevin Drew is friends with this band called Still Life Still, who also played at the party. Incidentally enough, Still Life Still brought Kevin Drew over. The whole time he was standing on top of a chair at the back of the room watching the bands. After we played, him and his friend came up to us and told us that we had a really dirty ass sound, and that we rocked pretty hard.

And that's not all. Earlier today, Bo calls me up to tell me that Kevin Drew just called him. He told him that he's shooting the new Stars video this week and asked him to come be in it. Then, he goes "whose that japanese looking guy in your band (me)? Get him to come too"

Still not done yet. An hour or so later, my friend James sent an event invite on Facebook to everyone who attended the party:

Wanna be in a music video?

100% NO BULL****: Kevin Drew of Broken Social Scene fame is directing Stars' new video, and he wants a butt-load of young, fun people to be extras in it!!!

THIS IS A SPECIAL INVITATION TO YOU TO BE A PART OF THIS!!! YOU GOTTA BE FUN, YOU GOTTA BE NUTS, YOU GOTTA BE DOWN!!! EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE STARS IT'S TILL GOING TO BE A CRAZY PARTY!!!

THE THEME OF VIDEO SHOOT WILL BE TWISTED SISTER'S "WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT" GLAM ROCK STYLE. So if you want to be in the video you gotta GET GLAMMED OUT TO THE MAX!!

ON WEDNESDAY APRIL 30TH, 2008 KEVIN WANTS TO MEET AS MUCH OF YOU WHO WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE IT AS POSSIBLE. HE WANTS TO MEET SOMEWHERE HE HASN'T FIGURED OUT YET, AT A TIME AROUND 5PM OR 6. I'LL SEND YOU MORE INFORMATION ON THAT MEETING WHEN I KNOW OF IT.

SHOOTING IS THIS FRIDAY, MAY 2ND, 2008 FROM BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 2PM TILL 11PM BUT IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT FILMMAKING NOTHING IS ON SCHEDULE SO PREPARE FOR IT TO GO LATER.

We know this is short notice but QUIT YOUR JOB, DROP OUT OF SCHOOL, HIRE A BABYSITTER, DO WHATEVER IT IS YOU HAVE TO DO TO BE A PART OF THIS AWESOME EVENT!!
----------------------------------

But then a little later, he sends me another message:

100% NO BULL****: KEVIN DREW SPECIFICALLY WANTS YOU YOU YOU (APPARENTLY HE NAMED YOU, INDIVIDUALY, AS ONE HE WANTS TO FOCUS ON FOR THE SHOOT) IN THE NEW VIDEO HE'S DIRECTING FOR STARS.

THIS FRIDAY!

CHECK THE INVITE!
-----------------------------------

So yeah. This is pretty hilarious. I'm sure many of you won't believe me, as I have no pics. But I guess if I'm in the new Stars video, that would be proof?

Also to anyone who cares - Kevin Drew is a total sleazebag. The whole party he was chasing after all the girls constantly. Although, vice versa, and fair enough.
hahaha. that's like my friend who was in a korn music video, but that's was like our childhood dream so...

anyways, that's pretty awesome, post a pic so we know who to look for.
You lucky beeyotch. That's pretty amazing.

The next time you see him, tell him that some weird girl in an indie music forum thinks that "Gang Bang Suicide" is one of the best songs in the whole wide world.

They say si-i-i-i-i-ize doesn't co-o-o-o-ount.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Quote by somewhat_here
hahaha. that's like my friend who was in a korn music video

which one would that be.
I wish I was in Korn video. That way I could show them my Korn skating impression, that is close to perfect.

Anyways that's really cool, TS.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Kevin Drew is a sleazebag? what?
man, there you go ruining my perception of him...i thought he was a nice guy, always looking all cutesy with Feist and stuff.
Lol, what if this was a really elaborate prank to get you to dress up like Twisted Sister and show up somewhere acting crazy.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Lol, what if this was a really elaborate prank to get you to dress up like Twisted Sister and show up somewhere acting crazy.

Well then it's really a prank damn well done considering they got Kevin Drew in on it and all.

Quote by uhh_me?
what a hipster with his PBR...

Yeah, seriously...
Haha, congrats.

A couple of friends have been in videos for Dodgy and LostProphets, but I think Stars beats both.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
haha well here's an update in the meantime...so my friend was in a korn music video, simple plan and jonas brothers but wouldn't say which ones atm.
completelly off topic but the jagmaster is probably the most LOLable squier guitar ever
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
i have a jagmaster i can't find jazzmasters or jaguars here. the ****er i bought it from let me play it through a sweet vox and i was tricked!
So just got back from the shoot. I'm way too tired to do a full report right now, but for the time being - we basically smoked a lot of weed and pretended to be Stars on camera from 11 30 in the morning till 11 at night.

Details tomorrow perhaps, pictures too I believe.

EDIT:
OH, and I almost forgot - all while dressed in glam rock drag clothing.
Last edited by hen at May 5, 2008,