Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Didn't know where else to put it.

Ok, basically, whenever I have my selector switch up, the sound is fine. But when I have it in the middle, or down, all effects are off, and it's a VERY quiet and clean sound. I could have the sound all the way up (11...) and it would still be very quiet.

Now, my long cord was shorting out a bit, so I tried switching to my shorter cord, just to see if it was the cord that was the problem, but the issue persists.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what the problem could be? I plan on taking it into a shop sometime soon, but I just thought I'd get SOME knowledge of this before I take it in.
ESP: LTD EC-50
Crate GTD65 Amp
RP80 Modeling Guitar Processor

Jack White:
If you think holdin' hands is all in the fingers
Grab a hold of the soul where the memory lingers.
This is something that happends to everyone. Buy some switch cleaner, or WD.40 and spray it inside the switch whilst wiggling the switch backwards and forwards. Works every time for me. What is actualy happening is dust and wear and tere from moving the switch too much is distrupting the selector from choosing the pickups and all the wiring and magnets inside the pups'. So taking the switch off and blowing the dust away could work as well. Its not too hard to do but the problem will arise again. I'm sure of that. This problem is mostly prominant on Les Paul type guitars.
Alright, thanks man.

Now, how do I take the switch off? I'll just blow it off for now, see if that works.

The guitar I have is an ESP:LTD EC-50.
ESP: LTD EC-50
Crate GTD65 Amp
RP80 Modeling Guitar Processor

Jack White:
If you think holdin' hands is all in the fingers
Grab a hold of the soul where the memory lingers.
It should be unscrewable. The outer ring incasing the switch padel should twist with enough force and that removes the entire unit. I can't be sure of that though, but it looks to be the same as with all the other guitars I have tweaked with. But to be honest, you shouldn't have to remove the switch. Switch cleaner is cheap, easy to find, and is very simple. Don't use pliars, use your hands though if you want to remove the switch and be careful with the soldering inside. On cheap guitars, it can be brittle.