First of all, hello acoustic forum

I've been playing electric for a few months and have had a sudden interest in classical guitar. I saw my friend play Malaguena and was blown away. This kind of music its what i haven't been able to put my finger on for so long, but now i've found it.

i'm looking at an Ibanez AEL1OE and am thinking about classical lessons. my question is, who sound i be listening to and what should i be studying? i find this genre very interesting and would like to know who i should become familiar with.

thank you for your time in advance.
Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
IMO the big three are Matteo Carcassi, Mauro Giuiliani, and Fernando Sor. These guitarists have composed very popular studies for classical guitar meant to challenge players yet remain somewhat attainable. From there I moved on to "non-guitar" classical music...Bach, Haydn, Handel, Vivaldi, Schubert, Mozart, Villa-Lobos, Debussy, Satie. I don't have much respect for Ibanez acoustic instruments but that's to be YOUR decision. There are endless performers to listen to, but remember that most of this music has been passed down in WRITTEN format. That will be the key to your success. It's a long and frustrating haul to learn this "by ear".