My main and original guitar is a very nice 2006 American Strat. A few months ago I bought a second guitar just to hang on the wall and practice, a SE Squire Tele. I love both guitars, but the neck width is different. The Tele is only 41mm at the nut and the Strat is 43mm at the nut. At first I didn't notice this at all, but I came to notice it when I found the Tele easier to play for some songs, and the Strat easier to play for other songs. You wouldn't think that 2mm makes much difference but it does. I was wondering how many people really notice this and might have actually chosen a guitar with any consideration to it.

Ed
I think the standard is 1 11/16", isn't it?
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
lol @ thread title.

I personally don't notice it unless it's a big change, something like 5mm or so.
That's personal!
"We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka
43mm.

Lets hope Dave sees this thread, he's the pickiest person about nut width on the planet
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Make sure your nuts are probably lubed, otherwise your strings will get caught on your nuts and cause problems.

As for guitar nuts, I have no idea.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Sorry never measured them.
Quote by crackereast
i can tie them in a knot,i can tie them in a bow

Can you throw them over your shoulder like a continental soldier?
What I'm trying to ask is: do your nuts hang low?

This, sadly, is the second time I've asked this question this month.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by lespaulrocks39
Make sure your nuts are probably lubed, otherwise your strings will get caught on your nuts and cause problems.

As for guitar nuts, I have no idea.

lol
I thought this was about testicles and nutsacks. I am sorely disappointed.

/leaves thread
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
Hehe...very good! Nut width is extremely important to some of us. Small is good...but big is good too. Rickenbackers are known for especially small nuts (on their 12 strings even!). The earliest Fender Mustangs (Duo-Sonics) had "A" nuts designed for beginners' unstretched fingers but they had to introduce a slightly larger "B" size so experienced players could enjoy these guitars too. I used to own a 1964 Mustang but I gladly sold it for cheap cuz I NEVER played it cuz the "A" size neck was TOO small! Even the "B" neck of my '65 is small (but barely not TOO small). Like scale length I don't usually have trouble floating from one guitar to another and for the most part I don't worry too much about it, but it COULD have an effect on your purchasing decision.