Poll: What do you come to the site for?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you come to the site for?
The Pit
147 66%
The Music forums
38 17%
The Instrument forums
21 9%
Contribution/Music News
16 7%
Profiles
1 0%
Voters: 223.
Page 1 of 3
While this site was made for musical endeavors, the Pit is probably its gem. It passes visitors from across the globe, resisting the pear and praising demotivation pictures and Hermione Granger in unity.

However, how many of you were hooked solely by the lolz-factor of UG? What number of you venture further to find yourself a regular on your favorite band's thread on the Bands & Artists forum, or sharing your work with Songwriting & Lyrics? How many users have contributed to the site with tabs or reviews?

Just curious =]
Personally, I am a huge user of the Bands & Artists forum, especially in Modern Rock. It grew onto me when I was posting a lot in the old RHCP thread.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Occasionally i get lessons from here but i mostly come here for the lolz since tabbing is useless cuz im trying to train my musical ear.
Quote by The Spoon
Occasionally i get lessons from here but i mostly come here for the lolz since tabbing is useless cuz im trying to train my musical ear.

Fair enough. Post in any other places on the site?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I'd say most people venture into the B&A section.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
well i go in the pit and the music forums
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
I find a nice balance between the Pit and GG&A forums.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
i first came for tabs, then i slowly became more involved with the whole site
first i used it for tabs, then the news came, then the lessons/stories/guest contribution stuff, and then i came to the forums
i never really used the profiles too much, just a bit
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by KetchupLad14
Wait... I didn't even realize that you joined way before me.

I always assumed that since you didn't post in the Chili Peppers thread before that you didn't exist.

I didnt post much until the RHCP thread really. And then I got tired of the fast pace and high spam.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

i used to be mostly in the electric guitar and gg&a section but now i just usually stay in the pit. i was originally for the sections mentioned above though. some really helpful people there
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by cap'n curry
i first came for tabs, then i slowly became more involved with the whole site
first i used it for tabs, then the news came, then the lessons/stories/guest contribution stuff, and then i came to the forums
i never really used the profiles too much, just a bit

You took the words right out of my mouth, besides the fact that I NEVER look at profiles.
I don't even think I came to The Pit until 2006. I spent most of my time lurking in all the other forums.

I now venture in all of the above.

But I could only select the B&A forum. That's the most predominant.
Quote by stepco12345
I don't even think I came to The Pit until 2006. I spent most of my time lurking in all the other forums.

I now venture in all of the above.

But I could only select the B&A forum. That's the most predominant.

And thank god. I would be sad if you weren't one of my MR babies.
D=
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

i post in most areas of the forum, I don't read the stuff on the rest of the site very often though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I came for the tabs at first, because whenever I typed in tabs for a certain song in google, UG always came up.

Then I started posting in the Electric Guitar forum, and then the pit. Sometimes I venture out into the Bands and Artists forum, but never post there, alot of people seem like douche bags.
all of the forums, though i use the pit more than the others. most of the music forums move pretty slow.

i also get tabs, but not as often as i used to.
I used to go to the Pop-Punk/Emo forum and the electric guitar but I never became a regular. I don't go out of The Pit now though.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by vintage x metal
And thank god. I would be sad if you weren't one of my MR babies.
D=

We post in what, two of the same threads?
I'm mainly in the B&A forums, the Pit, or finding tabs.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by vintage x metal
Fair enough. Post in any other places on the site?

Hardcore forum, occasionally riffs and recordings and promote your band
i pretty much never go onto profiles, i don't bother to log out. I came to learn but got distracted as usual
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Lookatthis97787.jpg[/img]
temporary revival. tell me about your UG life.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I used to come just for tabs and music news now I just mostly come for the Metal Forum and the Pit.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

No one has picked profiles, although I know a LOT of you put pride into being well-known or 'popular' here.

I smell denial.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I used to post in a lot of the other forums.

Now I'm pretty much exclusive to the Pit.

Quote by vintage x metal
No one has picked profiles, although I know a LOT of you put pride into being well-known or 'popular' here.

I smell denial.

A lot of us started posting before Profiles, remember
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
For the lolz.

I can't bear discussions about music for the most part on here. They're too idiotic.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I spend the majority of my time in the pit. I do occasionally venture off to the metal forum, or sometimes to the hardcore forum (for the BTBAM thread), but the pit is my main home.

Oh, and I still get tabs from here quite often.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Page 1 of 3