Hey guys, I am trying to create my own sound, and I want to figure out how to do it form an unknown, unfamiliar guitar, that I will be able to form my own style and sounds from. I would appreciate it if you guys could find something for me, that even a guitar tech would not recognize. My budget for a guitar like this is $400 and under, but if I really love it I will pay up to $600 for it. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
make it then no guitar tech will recognize it... unless he's lying
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Just search for any old Japanese brand on ebay and then completely bastardize it with a load of mods.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Take a random piece of wood furniture in your house, cut it into a comfortable, but ugly shape, paint it in a strange manner, then find some random object to use as a pick, and voila, just like Brian May, you've got your own unique sound.
Yeah dude, pull a Brian May, build it. make something out of some strange ass body wood, or something.
Why do you think your unique sound will come magically from a guitar? Use your digits to achieve that
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by Habit Zero
Take a random piece of wood furniture in your house, cut it into a comfortable, but ugly shape, paint it in a strange manner, then find some random object to use as a pick, and voila, just like Brian May, you've got your own unique sound.

It's not unique, then he'd be copying Brian May.
Quote by Wakisazhi
It's not unique, then he'd be copying Brian May.

Topic Creator, if you want a unique sound, well... the amp will make more of a difference, really, unless you wanna do something like John 5 and play a Telecaster for metal, which gives it an annoyingly twangy sound... a lot of your tone comes from your hands as well (this'd be a great time to make a racist joke about darker and lighter tones).
Quote by timi_hendrix
Just search for any old Japanese brand on ebay and then completely bastardize it with a load of mods.

This - get an old Teisco or something.

I presume you want to be like Jack White with his National.
Quote by JackWhite333
What type of wood can you guys think of that are used very often?

mahogony
ash
basswood
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
You could make an electric out of Spruce, the most common wood for acoustic tops... can't say I've ever seen Spruce used in an electric... wonder why.
Quote by Habit Zero
You could make an electric out of Spruce, the most common wood for acoustic tops... can't say I've ever seen Spruce used in an electric... wonder why.

Cost?

+1 to taking a chair, and putting strings on it.