i just picked up a Digitech GNX4 a few weeks ago. So far I love this ****ing thing!

Who has one and what do you think?

Also, what are your favorite effects settings?
Never tried it though i used to use digitech pedals when i started out. I liked them and all but i had to take them out of my rig cuz i have too many pedals.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
my fav is definatly the Eddie Van Halen setting, its perfect for shred. i love it. the twin reverb isnt bad if u take off all the distortion.
TS, what are you playing it through?

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

isnt it better with pedals and stomp boxes instead of effects processors? just throwning it out there, i was planning on buying GNX4 but then i dicided to buy seperate pedals instead, otherwise i hear its great!
Quote by TheRstar
isnt it better with pedals and stomp boxes instead of effects processors? just throwning it out there, i was planning on buying GNX4 but then i dicided to buy seperate pedals instead, otherwise i hear its great!

If you're not really into using tons of different effects, a multi-fx really isn't your best bet.

If you have that cash to drop on all the individual boxes for better quality, awesome. For people like myself that like a wide variety however, multi-fx are great.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
yeah - the GNX4 is expensive too, focus on getting a good tube amp first as we discussed.

PS - my Digitech RP250 was $150 and is a great way to start out and learn but you are right on TheRstar - individual pedals are normally the way to go.

my next pedal purchase is going to be a Digitech Bad Monkey. As a matter of fact, i should probably shut up and drive to GC now.

Ha! Later
just a tip, grab the supermodels pack if you use the amp modeling a lot, really opens up the capabilities.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids