Alright, so i am doing a biology project and i need to build a model of this artificial heart...

so that is what i need to build, what i need from the pit is some serious tips on materials i could possibly use? i am completely stumped. any ideasssssss?
i am thinking of using the plastic that crazy people use to cover their couches ahaha but other than that i have no ideas, especially for the metal bits.
no...but like...what do i use for the metal rings? i have no idea where to get them from...im gonna use a heat gun to melt the plastic together
go to a regular hardware store and look at some pipe clamps

they are kind of thickish rings
you may have to cut one or something since they have a tightner type thing on it

wire cutters would do the trick

hope i hellped
lol i didnt mean to it sent it twice for some reason and i cant delete it :S
ahh, i can help here. i've been building a lot of models lately...from cans. cut the drinks can open and remove the top and bottom, and you've got a rectangle of aluminium, which can be cut and glued and folded and so on.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
thanks all i made my decision this is my write up

Product Description:
My product is a model of the AbioCor thoracic unit. The real system is made of titanium and Angioflex plastic. The materials I used to construct my model include:
- Pipe clamps
- A sheet of unknown soft plastic
- Two rolls of masking tape
- Silver paint
- Grey bag
Medium I used include:
- Wire cutters
- Heat gun
- Glue
- Hot Glue
My product looks relatively similar to the real unit, however I could not locate a more detailed diagram of the artificial heart, so the chambers attaching to the atriums and arteries are not at the correct angles or positions they would be on the real thing. To construct the unit, I first glued together, and then painted two of the inside of rolls of masking tape, to make the silver ring around the middle of the heart. I used a grey bag, I am unsure of what it is exactly, and stuffed it inside to look like the compartment housing the hydraulic fluid. Manipulating the plastic to form the ventricles was the trickiest part of the model. I used a heat gun to melt the plastic into the correct shapes and stuck them together, which took more trials than I wanted, but less than I had expected. Finally, I used hot glue to attach the ends of the artificial valves, which is where the artificial valve is connected to native heart tissues.