so i'm gonna be 18 next year and i wanna get a tattoo. i'm not going to started off with a sleeve of course but i eventually want a sleeve on my right arm. not a full one, just to about my elbow. i also want to get my ears gauged a small size. my question to you, the pit, is what should i get for my sleeve? it needs to be epic...

...a penis is NOT epic
get this thread tattoed all the way down if it goes for long enough
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Don't get a product logo as a tatoo.....whatever happened to originality?
Statistics can be used to prove anything.

14% of people know that.
Quote by peter von chaps
i just think the stone looks cool...

EDIT: new idea for the forearm as well...?

You'll be a walking advertisement.
LARGE TEXT
I'm not trying to sound like a downer, but you need to really think things through before you get a tatoo..I know you're young and they seem really awesome and all, but consider what having a sleeve tatoo will limit to you in the future (as far as careers).

P.S. this belongs in the Body Modification thread.......

14% of people know that.
Quote by Holy.
You'll be a walking advertisement.

word. i cant even wear shirt that have huge logos and brand names on it much less get a tattoo of one. dont get a logo. thats lame and you will regret it later. if you like the logo, get something like it, but personalize/add/change it. make it into a work of art, rather than an advertisment.

but when it comes to sleeves, i vote hell yeah. i would love to get one, but i just dont have the balls to do it. not to mention it makes it REAL hard to get a job anywhere when your arm is covered in tats...even tho it looks dope.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
you realize how horrible for you sleeves are, right? i mean, like in the future?

that said, maybe the wendys logo, and the geiko gecko, and maybe even the wall mart logo. then you'd be a badass.
I have no opinion on this matter.
you can sort of cover sleeves up with any long sleeved shirt on the planet
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by Zugunruhe
you realize how horrible for you sleeves are, right? i mean, like in the future?

that said, maybe the wendys logo, and the geiko gecko, and maybe even the wall mart logo. then you'd be a badass.

Win

btw I live like 30 mins from UCDavis =p

14% of people know that.
Quote by r311dude
but consider what having a sleeve tatoo will limit to you in the future (as far as careers).

yeah, but he said only to the elbow. thats pretty easy to cover with a long sleeve shirt. if you're getting a job where you can wear a t-shirt, then i doubt it will be an issue anyway.
Quote by daytripper75
yeah, but he said only to the elbow. thats pretty easy to cover with a long sleeve shirt. if you're getting a job where you can wear a t-shirt, then i doubt it will be an issue anyway.

my point exactly.
i do have my future in mind
for all of you who keep mentioning that
so i'm gonna be 18 next year and i wanna get a tattoo. i'm not going to started off with a sleeve of course but i eventually want a sleeve on my right arm. not a full one, just to about my elbow. i also want to get my ears gauged a small size. my question to you, the pit, is what should i get for my sleeve? it needs to be epic...

...a penis is NOT epic

FAIL.

I see a kid at my school who walks around with one at the exact same spot , hes obviously under 16 so its def a crappy job. I cant help but think of how much of a tool he is by having it there.
Get something with meaning. I get mine in 2 months for my 18th. Both of my design have meaning behind them , you should think of something better.
we must become the change we want to see.
I agree, don't get a logo. Unless it's YOUR logo. Either way. I have many tattoos (getting more all the time). Don't let the whole "you'll never get a job!" thing deter you. You can always wear long sleeves. Some people think they're gross, some people think they're hot. My boss likes them and she's a milf

There is a sign in the shop that does my work that says it best:

The only difference between tattooed people and people without tattoos is that tattooed people don't care if you don't have a tattoo.

The actual sign is a little more cogent. Good luck, and think it through!
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.