So I just recieved this problem today when I got home from school.

I opened up opera, and all of a sudden, my moniter went black, but the green lights at the bottom were still going, yet they were flashing as well. (I have an oldish moniter). I restarted several times, and to my dismay, all the results were to the moniter going black. There was one occasion though where it hit a blue screen and it said something was missing or corrupt or something, and if I got it the first time to restart my computer. I didn't get enough time to fully look at it, as the screen went black.

Another thing was that when it booted up, it seemingly "glitched". What I mean is that the computer would freeze, and then it would unfreeze and my anti virus would be up, or my desktop would be up/

I'm not sure if it's a virus, my moniter, or my graphics card.

Anyone care to help me?
Maybe a borked VGA cable. Try playing with it a bit, see if it makes it go on and off and/or change colours.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
So I FINALLY got my computer started.

I got the blue screen more often, and it said the computer was going through an "infinite loop" or something along that.

How do I go about updating my drivers?
Depends on what graphics card you have. But if it's as old as I suspect you may struggle to find them.
My ATI card in the lappy did the same thing recently, Think I went with Omega drivers in the end.
Quote by Oli_88
Depends on what graphics card you have. But if it's as old as I suspect you may struggle to find them.
My ATI card in the lappy did the same thing recently, Think I went with Omega drivers in the end.

I got a nvidia card maybe 2 years ago so te graphics card isn't it...