I'm currently finishing up a class about the writings of Walt Whitman and Ralph Waldo Emerson and for my final Om writing a paper about music that these two men inspired or were inspired by and to be honest, google has let me down for one of the first times ever so Im looking towards you guys (sadly?). Any help would be VERY appreciated, I basically just need stuff that references or were inspired by them or stuff that they were known to be inspired by. Thanks

EDIT: The main problem at this point is Emerson, I finally found some Whitman stuff but any more would still be great.
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
Last edited by jimmiew at Apr 28, 2008,
Weren't they a cartoonist and a mountain climber?

EDIT: You know I was kidding right? I'm part of The Pit. It's my job to make stupid comments.
Signature temporarily empty
Last edited by Lord Of Donkeys at Apr 28, 2008,
Wow... I think I just died a little inside...
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
Quote by jimmiew
Wow... I think I just died a little inside...

Did you honestly expect depth from the pit?
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
No but I was hoping to atleast get help.
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
Today in my history class my teacher was talking about Ralph Waldo Emerson, and when he said his name he said "where's waldo?" as an aside thing (just kind of a joke, don't judge him he is a goofy guy.) and some kid in my class was like "Did he write those books?" and we were like "yes" (we thought he was talking about the books that he DID write) and then the kid said "I love those books!". We then realized he was talking about Where's Waldo? books and we all got slightly angry and annoyed because this kid is this dumb all the time.

Later he turned around and was like "What, do you not like those books?" to me. He thought we thought he was dumb for liking those books.

I have obviously failed in attempting to tell this story...
if im thinking correctly.. Emerson had a huge impact on the idea of transcendentalism. and there are tons of artists that have songs that could be considered transcendental: Strawberry Fields Forever (Beatles), Beautiful Day (U2)... google transcendental songs
well....sorry
thanks edawg i hadnt thought of that
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
emerson ftw!

just finished walden, and picked up a collection of emersons works a few weeks ago
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Apeman- The Kinks.

Doesn't get much more transcendentalist than that I think.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
wait what songs do you have so far jimmiew? im curious.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards