so i had this dream that Gene Simmons decided to get a patent on standard tuning so anyone other than him that used that tuning on a recorded album had to pay him. Is this possible, because if it is, he must be stopped!!! i love standard tuning!
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
so i had this dream that Gene Simmons decided to get a patent on standard tuning so anyone other than him that used that tuning on a recorded album had to pay him. Is this possible, because if it is, he must be stopped!!! i love standard tuning!

damn you gene envading his dreams like that
i..........don't think that it's possible. if it is.... Satan help us all. That mother ****er the phrase OJ.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Quote by Fuzzbox91
... i had this dream that Gene Simmons decided to get a patent on standard tuning...

I kind of lol'd, but it could have been better. You get some points for effort though...
i kinda wish i was joking, im not, i seriously had a dream like that, it sucked balls. So can you do that??
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Quote by Fuzzbox91
i kinda wish i was joking, im not, i seriously had a dream like that, it sucked balls. So can you do that??

do what?
Quote by crackereast
gene simmons can patent anything,hes like chuck norris

exactly so what if he pantents standard tuning, how much would that suck?
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Gene is a cousin of some sort to one of my friends. I could pass the idea to him. lol
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

That's nothing compared to my dream where eric clapton busted my amp and gave me a marshall MG.
Or the time where Jimi and SRV were arm wrestling and eric johnson ended up beating them both senseless.

...I have the weirdest dreams. They're cool when they happen though.

In other words, you fail
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
On my way to the patent office now...I've got dibs on all the OTHER tunings!
Quote by Footzyrama
lol, crazy stuff

and someone needs to end this thread or steal it into a much more exciting topic.

to late gene patent this thread already,so if you steal it you have to pay him
Thats like patenting 'hello' you can't. But if he did, easy way around it, tune to Eb and throw a capo on the 1st fret.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Patent no, standard tuning isn't an invention. Try to hold a copyright on, well he could try but there would plenty of prior art, aka artists that used standard tuning before senior simmons. Even in the amazing dysfunction the USPO is in they still wouldn't allow it.
Epi SG G400 Lefty
Modded Valve Junior
Noisy Cricket 1/2 Watt

Toneport GX