I've been playing for a good solid year but I've owned the guitar for about 2-3. I'm currently writing a guitar journal that will help me keep track, pretty much like someone who trains physically keeps a workout journal. My question is, since I have about 2-3 hours to practice daily, how much time should I practice scales? What about chords?
oh wow....I've been playing a year too XD i never use journals or techniques or anything..I also never practice certain scales or chords...i just look up a song i like and start playing XD scales and chords can get you better though, start with pentatonic blues scales if your just starting scales then move up...i do a whole scale on every fret whenever i pick up the guitar, it works, and for chords, just look up acoustic songs with lots of chords!
YOUR FACE.
Quote by Invisigirl
oh wow....I've been playing a year too XD i never use journals or techniques or anything..I also never practice certain scales or chords...i just look up a song i like and start playing XD scales and chords can get you better though, start with pentatonic blues scales if your just starting scales then move up...i do a whole scale on every fret whenever i pick up the guitar, it works, and for chords, just look up acoustic songs with lots of chords!

Journals help if you're like me and you want to know where you stand. I use one for the gym to keep track of everything and it really helps if you want alot of control of things. Thanks for the advice though