OK so I like to play guitar for my girlfriend. Who dosn't? I asked her today if there was any song she'd like me to learn for her. Shes listens to whiny emo crap like Blue October so I wasn't expecting much and she says, "Oh I really liked this one song I heard the other day. Universal Mind by Liquid Tension!" REALLY?! of all the ****ing songs she wants me to play her she picks a Liquid Tension one. I'm just an OK guitarist, but now I wanna kill myself. Just thought I'd share.
Jackson Soloist SL-3
Squire Strat
Crate XT120R
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Dunlop Crybaby
practice

you whine as much as you say her music does

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

... be careful what you wish for
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Never heard the song, but this sounds like it should be in the pit, where you can get the 'go kill yourself' and 'rape her and her hamster' replies.

But srsly, if it's not a hard song, then play it. And don't knock other people's music.
Great story...
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
lol, start playing 53 hours a day, and you should be able to play it in just about 3 life times :P
seriously, good luck, you'll need a whole ( insert the biggest thing you know here ) of luck and practice
Hello, Mirror - so glad to see you my friend, it's been a while

Help me - I can't break out this prison all alone
Save me - I'm drowning and I'm hopeless on my own
Heal me - I can't restore my sanity alone
Didn't mean to bash anyones music just saying its not that technically advanced. Pettrucci is one of the most technically stunning guitarists in the world IMO. I didn't think she had any knowledge of shred or guitar rock and she stunned me with this.
Jackson Soloist SL-3
Squire Strat
Crate XT120R
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Dunlop Crybaby
So, you say "My girlfriend made me want to die" and then made a crack about emo? I mean, I'm no emo fan ... but isn't that a bit contradictory?
The Gear
Schecter Loomis NT
Schecter C7 Hellraiser
Washburn Tabu TB300
Peavey 5150
Laney TT412a

Quote by Metalocalypse54
OK so I like to play guitar for my girlfriend. Who dosn't? I asked her today if there was any song she'd like me to learn for her. Shes listens to whiny emo crap like Blue October so I wasn't expecting much and she says, "Oh I really liked this one song I heard the other day. Universal Mind by Liquid Tension!" REALLY?! of all the ****ing songs she wants me to play her she picks a Liquid Tension one. I'm just an OK guitarist, but now I wanna kill myself. Just thought I'd share.

Can some one say CORNY!

1. she is your girlfriend, so you must of known what she listens to.

2. IMO, you're kind of corny.

3.grow some balls.

4.stop crying like a bitch.

5.you made your own grave, now sleep in it.

Also I just like to add what you did was just like a guy saying shoot me to their friend and then they get surprised when their friend shoots him and say OMG YOU SHOT ME, MAN!
Last edited by The Minorthreat at Apr 28, 2008,
OK, tell her that you can't play it.

/thread
on the other side, she could have chosen an harder song ... ( there are not much songs that are harder then this one... but there are some... for instance, The dark eternal night, on Dream Theater's latest album, systematic chaos )
Hello, Mirror - so glad to see you my friend, it's been a while

Help me - I can't break out this prison all alone
Save me - I'm drowning and I'm hopeless on my own
Heal me - I can't restore my sanity alone
atleast she didnt say dragon force

edit: wow, nevermind that is really hard, not as hard as dragonforce, but still quite hard...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Last edited by fifer at Apr 28, 2008,
1. You have a soloist.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
omg that sucks dude, lol

well, better start practicing
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Quote by imgooley
this sounds like it should be in the pit, where you can get the 'go kill yourself' and 'rape her and her hamster' replies.

But srsly, if it's not a hard song, then play it. And don't knock other people's music.

ya or they say kill yourself while raping the hamster or kill the hamster while raping it or rape the girlfriend and kill the hamster while also killing the girlfriend
Quote by fifer

edit: wow, nevermind that is really hard, not as hard as dragonforce, but still quite hard...

Before I make this statement, let me clarify that I am one of few on this board that actually likes DragonForce.

Now that that's out of the way,

BLASPHEMY!!!!

Don't ever imply that Herman Li is better than John Petrucci. You might as well just slap Jesus.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by fifer

I'm going to assume you're speaking of Through the Fire and Flames which is always directly associated with Dragon Force. And assuming you are, Universal Mind blows that song out of the water in terms of technical difficulty. The competition isn't even close.
D:
Signature.
Suck it up mon, My girlfriend wanted me to learn Slipknot, and all that stuff. I wish she told me to play liquid tension, even though I wouldn't be able to pull it off.