Hey guys we are trying to record a song on a laptop through a mic. When we do this and play it back it makes the guitar have a phaser sound and we are not using it. We don't know what the problem is. We used different mics and 2 different laptops and still the same problem occurs. If some one can help us with our problem it will help us alot.

Hope some one can help us Thanks!
My gear:
Epiphone Explorer
JB player strat
Spider II 30watt
Some knock off bass
Create bass amp 50 watt

www.myspace.com/ydayshero
What i've noticed is that if you have a really bad mic (a computer mic for example) and you record live from an amp the phaser "effect" will occur when the noise level exceeds that which the mic is capable of accurately reproducing. If you have a "good" microphone and this is happening... then you don't have a good microphone.
well we have a recording Mic so I dont think that is the problem. The Mic is a SennHeiser E609. And the mic is not clipping.
My gear:
Epiphone Explorer
JB player strat
Spider II 30watt
Some knock off bass
Create bass amp 50 watt

www.myspace.com/ydayshero
I can't help you then. Because the only time I've had that problem was when I had the volume cranked past the point to where the mic could handle it.
hmm ... maybe the acoustic of the room you are recording in ... if the sound reflects too much, it can make a kind of unwanted reverb or short delay ( I don't really know if it can sound also like a phaser tho )
Hello, Mirror - so glad to see you my friend, it's been a while

Help me - I can't break out this prison all alone
Save me - I'm drowning and I'm hopeless on my own
Heal me - I can't restore my sanity alone