That stimulus rebate is coming. What gear are you going to buy?
Me-some new speakers and tiube.
Guess what, as long as you're listed as a dependent on your parents taxes, which you probably are, you won't get ****, but your parents will get $300 extra, which you could prolly sucker them out of.
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
Hey you get the money one time one whack. Put a little with it and have something real.
this burst my bubble when I found out that even if you ovet 18 but claimed as dependent on your parents tax returns your not getting any stimulus. Which I think is going to be the case for many young adults.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
I dont get rebates. I'm 12 1/2.

But seriously, I'd love to have 600. I'd get:

Digi-Delay ($?)
MXR 101 Phase 90 ($69-79)
Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive ($45)
Pedalboard ($100-170)
And those watchamacallit pedal connectors ($5-6)
Quote by pinksalmon
this burst my bubble when I found out that even if you ovet 18 but claimed as dependent on your parents tax returns your not getting any stimulus. Which I think is going to be the case for many young adults.

False. Depends how much money the "dependent" made. If they are considered a dependent but earn enough money to have to pay their own taxes, then they will get get the refund regardless of how they are claimed.
Quote by acoginthesystem
False. Depends how much money the "dependent" made. If they are considered a dependent but earn enough money to have to pay their own taxes, then they will get get the refund regardless of how they are claimed.

^ truth
F*ck. If I had gotten off my ass last year and gotten a job, I could have myself a new amp.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I'm not considered a full time student, so my mother couldn't claim me. The person that did my taxes said that I'd be getting the full $600. I also got the money directly deposited to my bank account, so I'm getting it this Friday. I'm spending that beastly check on a new Peavey Valveking.
Quote by acoginthesystem

It's a rebate not a refund, but yes, this is true. I get 300 bucks even though my mom claims me. (19 btw)
i am 17 and i get $300 bc made 3k last year...so ya...parents dont get **** for me even though they claimed me and even if they did i would demand of them to promptly gimme my ****in dough
The 600 is def either going towards new gear, or paying off the Les Paul. We'll have to see!
Gibson.
Quote by imgooley
It's a rebate not a refund, but yes, this is true. I get 300 bucks even though my mom claims me. (19 btw)

They call it a rebate. It's technically a refund. They are REFUNDING me money I earned and had to give to them. It was mine in the first place.
Quote by EddieRhoads
I dont get rebates. I'm 12 1/2.

But seriously, I'd love to have 600. I'd get:

Digi-Delay ($?)
MXR 101 Phase 90 ($69-79)
Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive ($45)
Pedalboard ($100-170)
And those watchamacallit pedal connectors ($5-6)

You realize you have to be 14 to register for this site and use the forums right?
D:
Signature.
I'm only getting 300. I'm gonna put 100 in my savings, and use the rest of it to help buy a Classical guitar, I don't have an acoustic, I had to sell it to pay for my SG, and it was a $50 pawnshop special anyway.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
im payin off the Explorer i just bought, lol i used my Soloist as a "down" payment
Quote by acoginthesystem
Adults will pay bills. Teenagers and college kids will buy beer and entertainment goods.

wel i think the check is too stimulate economy soo there suggesting to spend it on crap rather than same lol.but its all the same in the long run lol.
I'm going to get 600 in ones then and head to my local strip bar and turn someone into a prositute
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
I have to claim €250 tax back from working last summer. But chances are it'll all be going on petrol Damn €1.20 a litre
I use:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, in white

Epiphone Dove

Vox AD30
Straight from the mouth of the man, go to the IRS website and use the "Stimulus Calculator" any person who can be claimed as dependant on another persons tax returns will not recieve a stimulus check. BOOM, that just happened
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
I wouldn't get over excited, it's just money they took from your income in the first place.
I used my regular return to change my whole pedal board set up - I replaced one of my processors (my Zoom2020) with a Digitech Hot Rod Distortion, Rocktron Pulse Tremolo, Boss DD-3 Delay, and an Alesis Picoverb processor. I also paid off the rest of my credit card...so I don't need any more gear right now...

I'm going to use the stimulus check to pay off the rest of my girlfriend's engagement ring that I have on layaway.
Last edited by UltraMatic4 at May 1, 2008,
I guess I got it made I havent paid taxes in 7 years and still get a 300 dollar refund. But being an adult I have plenty of other things the money can be spent on than more gear.
600? that's it?! Ha! 2100 here:

married - 1200
3 kids - 900

Pay bills and maybe get more strings and an effects board.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Save it for gas, when it gets super ****in expensive.

we're getting a lot back, and this is what we are spending our rebate on. its too ****in expensive to drive.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
I doubt I'll get anything, but if I were getting $600, I'd spent it on a new tube amp, and with the $50 remaining, I'd get a vox wah or a tube tamer