http://www.guitarpartsonline.com/index.php?cPath=23&osCsid=98336177a116e93dc2479c60a4ff4ec5

Has anyone ordered these bodies from GPO before? They say they are alder(I'm assuming that's it's low grade), and that they're pulled from new guitars.

The only strat that comes in all of those colors is a Squier Bullet(or EXPENSIVE Fenders), which is made out of plywood I thought. I emailed them but no repsonse.

Can anyone vouch for these bodies?
Perhaps good for my first build, putting a guitar together from parts?
its as good as any american fender. dont let anyoen fool you and say its not, ive taken quite a few apart and refinished a few, and i know alot of people that work there in the custom shop. i met a few through NAMM and stuff
fight the power that be
Cool thanks.

The cheapest I could find alder BLANKS for was like $70, and paint was gonna be at least $20/$30, +sanding/routing/sawing.

It takes a standard Fender Strat neck and trem right?
if its a strat body, it will take a STRAT neck, not a tele, only a fender licensed neck. likely with 22 frets, maybe 21. that i dont believe will matter. it will take a foreign spaced tremolo, see guitarfetish.com. the pickguard size will matter too, and the hole alignment for the screws, see warmoth for pickguards.
fight the power that be
yeah, just dotn get a usa spaced tremolo, it wont fit. get one of the one that fits overseas models.
fight the power that be
Why not just get your pickguard from guitarpartsonline. Warmoth wants too much, just like everything else they have. Besides it says "If it isn't a Fender®, Proceed With Caution!
Quote by Guitarzan1143
if its a strat body, it will take a STRAT neck, not a tele, only a fender licensed neck. likely with 22 frets, maybe 21. that i dont believe will matter. it will take a foreign spaced tremolo, see guitarfetish.com. the pickguard size will matter too, and the hole alignment for the screws, see warmoth for pickguards.

Nooo, not all strat body's take ANY strat neck, but with a little sanding you can generally make them.
My main experience with strat necks not fitting the body is that they are too high, so some wood is needed to be taken off the bottom.

But yea, it should take any strat tremelo, unless the holes are pre-drilled, in which they will have to be filled and redrilled (just do the matchstick + superglue trick, works a treat) same with the pickguard, if the holes don't line up, just fill and redrill
Makes you wonder how they can sell a painted guitar body for less than a body blank costs.
Wood blanks for guitars are the biggest god damn scams on the market. You can buy the piece of alder lumber for 100 dollars, and get 3-4 bodies out of it, from a lumber yard, all you have to do is glue up a joint, and advertise it as "luthier guitar blank" on ebay, and you will get 70 bucks for it, + some.
fight the power that be