Ok guys and gals I've learnt how to make chords and stuff from the major scales and minor scales and intervals (Yes I learnt intervals!!) but what I want to know now is how I can make an awesome sounding chord progression that isn't too hard to play.

I was thinking about drawing out a fretboard and writing all the notes out then highlight each note in a certain colour. After that's done I would write out a few scales and get like the 1st 3rd and 5th notes so it would be XMaj (Is that right?) . Then I could find where those notes are clumped together on the fretboard and play them?
But does anyone have any tips?
The best way is to make a lot of bad/unoriginal chord progressions and then finally get to one that's good.

Not that your goal should be to sound bad/unoriginal but you will do that more often than not.

Learn theory, too. Read the link in my siggy.
Yeah I'm doing this course here at the moment which someone suggested to me and I've found it to be quite good http://www.8notes.com/theory I've also checked out the one in your siggy and it helped me to understand intervals a bit better especially when reading them on a treble clef, even though it has nothing to do with reading music (I got it from the other website mentioned in my post). Well what I mean to say is the link in your post helped me with understanding the version posted on 8notes.com. I haven't actually read through the whole thing on your siggy though, I'm planning to though.
Quote by Darkmessiahnz
I haven't actually read through the whole thing on your siggy though, I'm planning to though.
I suggest reading the entire thing, then going back and learning it little by little.