Legions of The Chosen Few [Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, Keep of Kalessin]

Anyone go to this? I went last Friday and they kicked SO MUCH ASS!! Dimmu was amazing, Behemoth was great, and Keep of Kalessin was a great opener, but I think they could have given them a little more time IMO, they seemed to fly right by.
CURRENT GEAR:

Jackson RR24 Randy Rhoads w/EMG's
Fender American Special Mahogany HSS Strat
Marshall MG10CD
ISP Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal

WANTED:

Jackson Soloist SL1
Peavey 6505 Stack
Line 6 POD X3 Live
AKG WMS450 Wireless Set
What was the order of the bands?

Also, I'll be going to the one in Lauderdale on Wednesday if anyone is going to that. If my throat isn't still sore by then, you'll be able to know where I'm at because I'll be yelling "VITTU!" at Dimmu. Haha. Yelling Finnish at a Norwegian band.
Keep of Kalessin and Behemoth are killer bands. They both slay live.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by Vittu0666
What was the order of the bands?

Keep of Kalessin
Behemoth
Dimmu
CURRENT GEAR:

Marshall MG10CD

WANTED:

Jackson Soloist SL1
Peavey 6505 Stack
Line 6 POD X3 Live
AKG WMS450 Wireless Set
Quote by destroy_techno
Keep of Kalessin = win
Behemoth = win
Dimmu = eh...

Sounds like a great show!

My thoughts exactly.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
This tour doesn't grab me as much as paganfest or progressive nation, but if Behemoth headline as opposed to Dimmu Borgqueer and KoK got to play longer, I'd be there.
Behemoth are amazing. I recently go into Keep of Kalessin again - they are insane.

I never heard much Dimmu Borgir...

I would have gone if they were anywhere near me though...
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Dates and locations anyone? I'm far too lazy to go look it up myself.
Up the Punx!
Quote by Magero
Wasn't there an American tour last year that was the same but with Unearth instead of KoK?

and DevilDriver instead of Behemoth

Dimmu was pretty good, i'm not a huge fan though
Behemoth is still the greatest live band in existance, although they messed up the lyrics for At the Left Hand ov God
I hadn't heard much Kok before the concert but i've been listening to them more now, great band
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
Quote by Thornography
Dimmu could've been better IMO. Behemoth was the best of the three.

Aren't they always?
Up the Punx!
I just came back from seeing these guys. Holy ****ing ****. I hadn't heard too much from KoK, but holy **** they were good. Right from the start I loved these guys. They played an awesome show. Behemoth just came out and kicked everyone's ass like always. And then...Dimmu. So many problems with them. Mustis's keyboards kept getting ****ed to the point where you could physically see Mustis yelling at the sound guys. Galder's guitar cable fell out a few times and he didn't look too pleased. There was something wrong with his main guitar too. Vortex was having tuning issues with his B.C. Rich as well.

Afterwards, I got to meet Nergal himself. He was in his street clothes when I saw him. He looks like a very nice, clean cut gentleman in his street clothes. He was a really cool guy to talk to too. He was REALLY pleased when my friend asked him to sign his Necronomicon (Gee...I wonder why. Lol.). Dimmu kinda pissed me off. Shagrath just bolted to the tour bus after he saw the crowd. Galder stuck around for like 2 minutes. Mustis left after about 5. Silenoz and Vortex were definitely the coolest though. They actually stayed and interacted with the fans, Vortex staying the longest though.

All in all, it was a bad ass tour.
Wasn't this on live broadcast a couple weeks back? Or was it something completely different? I remember finding a tv link off the Dimmu Facebook page that was showing Behemoth and Dimmu play live. There was another band that I missed watching and I forget the name of them though. I think it may have been KoK. I only got to watch a few Behemoth songs before I had to go out, but they played amazingly live. Favorites for me to watch were At The Left Hand Ov God, Kriegsphilosophie and Prometherion.
I saw these guys last night, they were so awesome. KoK did an amazing job, I hadn't heard that much from them before the show, maybe one song, but every song was killer.

Behemoth was up next, and they, as usual, put on an awesome performance. Every song was dead on, I don't think they messed up once. They played Chant for Eschaton, which was great. Then Dimmu Borgir was next, for some reason their sound wasn't all that great, maybe it was their stuff, or the fact that I could barely hear by that point. For 1 or 2 songs Mustis wasn't there, and the guitars weren't that audible. After a few minutes though, everything was fixed, and they did an awesome job, they even played Puritania, which I didn't think they would do. Vortex seemed pretty happy to be there.
Tommorow night. I'm expecting this to be one of the most memorable nights of my life. Sucks its on a sunday though, means I have to leave right after the show cuz I still rely on my parents for mass transit of more then 1 person... Goddamn illinois driving laws.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
I saw these guys last night, they were so awesome. KoK did an amazing job, I hadn't heard that much from them before the show, maybe one song, but every song was killer.

Behemoth was up next, and they, as usual, put on an awesome performance. Every song was dead on, I don't think they messed up once. They played Chant for Eschaton, which was great. Then Dimmu Borgir was next, for some reason their sound wasn't all that great, maybe it was their stuff, or the fact that I could barely hear by that point. For 1 or 2 songs Mustis wasn't there, and the guitars weren't that audible. After a few minutes though, everything was fixed, and they did an awesome job, they even played Puritania, which I didn't think they would do. Vortex seemed pretty happy to be there.

Yeah dude, Dimmu's been having a lot of sound problems lately from what I've been hearing. They need to get their stuff fixed. So many things went wrong with Mustis's keyboards and Galder's guitars.
anyone want pics? i got some pretty amazing ones, i was right up in the front.
CURRENT GEAR:

Marshall MG10CD

WANTED:

Jackson Soloist SL1
Peavey 6505 Stack
Line 6 POD X3 Live
AKG WMS450 Wireless Set
Quote by blackdahlia1066
anyone want pics? i got some pretty amazing ones, i was right up in the front.

Of course we want pics!
Keep of Kalessin:

CURRENT GEAR:

Marshall MG10CD

WANTED:

Jackson Soloist SL1
Peavey 6505 Stack
Line 6 POD X3 Live
AKG WMS450 Wireless Set
Behemoth:

CURRENT GEAR:

Marshall MG10CD

WANTED:

Jackson Soloist SL1
Peavey 6505 Stack
Line 6 POD X3 Live
AKG WMS450 Wireless Set
Dimmu:

CURRENT GEAR:

Marshall MG10CD

WANTED:

Jackson Soloist SL1
Peavey 6505 Stack
Line 6 POD X3 Live
AKG WMS450 Wireless Set
Dimmu (cont.):

CURRENT GEAR:

Marshall MG10CD

WANTED:

Jackson Soloist SL1
Peavey 6505 Stack
Line 6 POD X3 Live
AKG WMS450 Wireless Set
^^i got plenty more, i just didn't want to take up pages full of pics^^
CURRENT GEAR:

Marshall MG10CD

WANTED:

Jackson Soloist SL1
Peavey 6505 Stack
Line 6 POD X3 Live
AKG WMS450 Wireless Set

I lol'd
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Best ****in night of my life bar none. I was ****in so tired by the end of behemoth I just let the crowd push me around in Dimmu. Behemoth was the winner in my opinion sound wise. They ****in slayed, conquer all, song of the night. Unbelievable show. I had some dehydration problems, almost passed out a few times XD. Dimmu was nothing short of amazing. But their sound was so mushy... it almost ruined it. I've heard every released Dimmu song, but out of 10 or 11 songs I couldnt recognize about 3. If I could figure out what song they were playing the show was great, because yeah, I knew what to expect. But it was sad =\ they didnt play vredesbyrd. Killed me. Keep Kalessin also was amazing, after the whole night I had Come Damnation stuck in my head. The only song I got to really mosh in too. Overall tonight was one of the best ****ing nights of my life. I cant wait til any of these 3 bands come back.
I really wish they'd come within a few hours of me...
I'd probably start killing people during Behemoth...
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Lmao trust me dude. Last night, Behemoth made everyone feel like that. I couldn't believe the energy during Conquer all. I was in front of the mosh but looking back once during conquer all, I could tell some people were getting hurt pretty seriously lmao. Behemoth was pure testosterone-fest. Best band Live I've ever seen. Im still so ****in jacked from this concert as you can probably tell.. My necks sore..

Caught one of Nergal's picks too.
I have a man-crush on Nergal...
There, I said it.
And Hansi, Jari, and Muhammed...
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!