Page 1 of 3
There are a lot of people who have a reputation for being smart and intelligent. Are there any people, who every thinks is smart, but you think is an idiot?

Basically, overrated intelligence.

I think of Frank Zappa and Jim Morrison.
Last edited by The Madcap at Apr 28, 2008,
Quote by The Madcap
There are a lot of people who have a reputation for being smart and intelligent. Are there any people, who every thinks is smart, but you think is an idiot.

Basically, overrated intelligence.

I think of Frank Zappa and Jim Morrison.

You didn't put a question mark after "...idiot."
X Sign Here
Quote by The Madcap
There are a lot of people who have a reputation for being smart and intelligent. Are there any people, who everyone thinks are smart, but you think is an idiot?

Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Apr 28, 2008,
Quote by frottage
Bright Eyes. he can suck it.

Connor Oberst is from my town, he was an over priveledged little spoiled typical white kid. Rich loving parents, great house, and never denied anything. I agree
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
I must disagree.

I think Frank Zappa was a genius, and one of the best musicians in recent time.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
John Lennon, people in my school also think he was somewhat divine.
I just think he wasn't that great of a guy.
George Bush. everyone thinks hes so smart. i dont quite see it.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Frank Zappa is overrated? Who do you think taught Steve Vai how to play For The Love of God in 7/8? Huh? I do hate most of his trippy songs on You Are What You Is though...
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Whoever writ the Bible.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by Gunpowder
I must disagree.

I think Frank Zappa was a genius, and one of the best musicians in recent time.
I don't think he's a bad musician, but whenever he talks about other subjects...I agree with lots of things said, but I think a lot of his thoughts are really stupid. Just my opinion, though.
Quote by Zugunruhe

you with the awesome arrested development avatar and the name I can't pronounce, I like you. You make intelligent posts that are very funny most of the time. You impress me being relatively new. You win the pit.
Quote by The Madcap
I don't think he's a bad musician, but whenever he talks about other subjects...I agree with lots of things said, but I think a lot of his thoughts are really stupid. Just my opinion, though.

May I request an example of one such stupid thought, as a reference point?
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Steven Hawking, he's nothing but a cripple with a good computer
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Vladimir Poutine.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Several of my friends, .

^^^Al Gore does have his issues
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by Shirate
Steven Hawking, he's nothing but a cripple with a good computer

A smart cripple with a good computer.

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by Thales

*double facepalm*
Gear:
-Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS
-Fender Twin Reverb '65 Reissue
-And all the fuzz a man needs
Quote by Zugunruhe

....ummmm who?
You are now blinking manually
Quote by dannyniceboy
Connor Oberst is from my town, he was an over priveledged little spoiled typical white kid. Rich loving parents, great house, and never denied anything. I agree

ha, wow, i never knew that. you're the first person that ever agreed with me on that. everyone at my school who's heard him likes him and they're like "oh yeah, our intelligence is like right here *hold their hand about chest level* and his is like way up here *hold their hand way above their head* his lyrics are so deep and psychotic blah blah i love men blah" and it gets old. AND my one friend i was arguing with about it today said that Porcupine Tree and Dream Theater have crappy lyrics. i'm not saying they're the best, since i don't really know who is, but seriously..
Quote by Gunpowder
May I request an example of one such stupid thought, as a reference point?
Okay, but I'm not in the mood to really have huge discussion on this.

"The essence of Christianity is told to us in the Garden of Eden history. The fruit that was forbidden was on the Tree of Knowledge. The subtext is, All the suffering you have is because you wanted to find out what was going on. You could be in the Garden of Eden if you had just kept your ****ing mouth shut and hadn't asked any questions."

Honestly, I just believe that if he's going to sum up the essence of Christianity, it might make sense to mention Jesus Christ. He's kind of a big deal in that religion. Plus, even though this might not necessarily contradict the quote, not all Christians believe in the garden of eden story or some of the messages in the old testament.
Quote by Thales
I also agree with John Lennon.
Quote by frottage
ha, wow, i never knew that. you're the first person that ever agreed with me on that. everyone at my school who's heard him likes him and they're like "oh yeah, our intelligence is like right here *hold their hand about chest level* and his is like way up here *hold their hand way above their head* his lyrics are so deep and psychotic blah blah i love men blah" and it gets old. AND my one friend i was arguing with about it today said that Porcupine Tree and Dream Theater have crappy lyrics. i'm not saying they're the best, since i don't really know who is, but seriously..

His lyrics are ok, but really they dont make sense coming from him seeings on how he was so priveledged. His parents were both into music and supported him fully. I feel like he is a good song writer but definately a poser. Either that or he has some serious mental problems, idk. Also he is seen as a legend around these parts, so a bit of my hate may be that I am jealous of him.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Can't really think of any famous people but sure there's plenty of people like that in my school.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I think Jim Morison was so high he made sense to those on acid... they were on the same wavelength.

Tom Morello comes to mind. I like his work, he's just a little out there.

Also, Michael Moore.
Quote by The Madcap
Morrison.

Win.

Everyone always jacks off to his lyrics and proclaims them as divine poetry or something, but seriously guys...in reality they're just the ramblings of an alcoholic.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Win.

Everyone always jacks off to his lyrics and proclaims them as divine poetry or something, but seriously guys...in reality they're just the ramblings of an alcoholic.
That is EXACTLY the reason why I put him there.
A couple really annoying kids at my school who know a couple facts about history, and everyone goes Z0mG u are TeH Smartz!! But, they really arent. Not saying I am, but it pisses me off.
Meths

Lennon was a pretentious prick.

This psychotic slutty bitch who I work with. She thinks since she's 23 that she ****ing knows everything. She went on this ramble about how love is so intellectual and said love was "blind, beautiful, anger!" trying to sound like some ****ing poet.

I will add more to this.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Last edited by clincher09 at Apr 29, 2008,
Quote by captainjackass
A couple really annoying kids at my school who know a couple facts about history, and everyone goes Z0mG u are TeH Smartz!! But, they really arent. Not saying I am, but it pisses me off.
I agree that random facts don't = intelligence.
Erm, don't really know about famous people cause I don't know them personally, I mean I'm sure they're all quite different if you talk to them one-on-one. I do hate when people who make A's assume they're smart, or generally people who take for granted the "fact" that they are "smart". Come on man, grow.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
I think Dave Mustaine is pretty douchey. I mean he knows he's awesome, but he doesn't have to pat himself in the back so much.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
lol @ dave mustaine in Some Kind of Monster going "why couldnt I be in metallica *whimper*"

Umm, speaking of Metallica, I think their drummer is a total idiot. Lars is the kind of person that knows a couple of facts about a topic and thinks he's god. Then again, there are a lot of people like that in the world. Bush is pretty dumb, but you have to give the man kudos for sticking with his "ideas" (thats about all he has). KKK members are pretty dumb too, I believe the black guy in American history X explained it well "We just gonna hate *****s all day, dont know why, but we are"
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can

My gear
ESP EC1000fr
Marshall 1960a
Peavy 6505
hes the furthest thing from an idiot, but i think that stephen hawking's intelligence is overrated...

i watched 'the hawking paradox' two nights ago, and learnt that he came up with this theory which went against a fundamental principle of physics, and nobody could prove him wrong, but then a guy did prove him wrong. so then, he spent 30 years trying to come up with why he was right again, but he couldnt do it, so instead, he presented to the entire world of physics a theory that no one was right with almost no proof.

dont get me wrong, hes a very very smart man, but i just think that he is overrated.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
this one friend of mine, his name is David.
oh, and first off, im not claiming im smarter or more intellectual than him. im just saying, he's a dumb****.

so anyways, he'll make some comment on monday, and by thursday, ill have it stumped. but everyone believes him over me. honestly, i dunno why he has more credibility than me and a couple other friends of mine. like, my girlfriend is dead smart, but no one will believe her over him.

sorry, that had no point, he's a douche. its hard to explain. you'd have to meet him to understand.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by Iceman729
lol @ dave mustaine in Some Kind of Monster going "why couldnt I be in metallica *whimper*"

Umm, speaking of Metallica, I think their drummer is a total idiot. Lars is the kind of person that knows a couple of facts about a topic and thinks he's god. Then again, there are a lot of people like that in the world. Bush is pretty dumb, but you have to give the man kudos for sticking with his "ideas" (thats about all he has). KKK members are pretty dumb too, I believe the black guy in American history X explained it well "We just gonna hate *****s all day, dont know why, but we are"

i think you did it wrong....

wasnt the point of the thread people think are intellegent, but arent?
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Page 1 of 3