So lets say you were given the chance to join a band, and they just signed a huge deal with a major record label.

Would you just drop everything (college, school in general, your current job) and join them? Going on tours, shows, recording studios, etc.

Me, personally, at the moment, would. How about you?
Uhh yeah
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
as an engineering major i do declare this one is a o brainer, the anwser is obviously yes num nuts
I'd take a year off, make cash, so my parents would be able to stop paying for my university :p And I could buy my parents a Bentley
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I used to have the so called "kurt cobain logic" and didnt ever want to make it big. But i've found lately that the only thing i really truly enjoy is music, and the chances are i will never make it bigger than a local celebrity, if that. So i would take it, no questions asked. It would motivate me to write better stuff and put on a better show.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Of course I would. I'd go back to school whenever I got the chance though.
Bishop of Zeppelinism PM The Heartbreaker to join.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I'm not sure. It would be tempting and I'm sure it would be amazing for a month or so, but I don't really want to be "big" and I think I would start hate the "famous lifestyle" REALLY fast. Having to leave my girlfriend behind would also hold me back. I don't have much going for me in my life right now, but I'm off to college in the fall so that should give me the change I need.
I would, but I'd hate being a part of a major record label. There's so much sacrifice and loss that goes with wanting to make it as a musician - it's a conflict of desire and interests.
id definately take it. I can finish my education later on. good record deals come once or never in a lifetime.
I would. I only have 14 days left of high school, so I'm basically done with that.

...and college can happen whenever I feel like going.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
I'd probably wait a month until i'm finished high school then take it but i'd definitely finish my education eventually though
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Yup.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
haha... my friend was offered the position to play bass for red car wire... you would think he would've accepted it except for the fact that he knows that bands like that make crap nowadays because the record labels take all the money... Let that be a lesson, so don't be so quick to sign... You might make less than you think or actually bring in... If not, I actually just enjoy learning the music myself so i would definitely finish school before doing anything... and if you get one offer, more are likely to come around later in life...
i'd so be there.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

It depends 100% on the music of said band. If Hannah montana needed a guitarist I'd say snack on deez nutz, but if it was a band with message and purpose I'd do it duhhhhhhhhh.
I would have to because promotion and touring would be hectic. I'd always go back to college later though.

I hate the term "rockstar life" though. It sounds so primitive and idiotic.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Mostly Waving
It depends 100% on the music of said band. If Hannah montana needed a guitarist I'd say snack on deez nutz, but if it was a band with message and purpose I'd do it duhhhhhhhhh.

Have to start somewhere.

Hanna Montana makes mad money too.

I could just start up my own band with that money.
No. I don't want to give up a chance at a happy life for a bunch of hellraising that will only end in depression and suicide.
no, i want to finish college.... now if it was hannah montana......
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
I'd so play for Hannah Montana. Just playing in front of such a huge audience and rocking out would be such a rush.
Quote by CowboyUp
No. I don't want to give up a chance at a happy life for a bunch of hellraising that will only end in depression and suicide.