If you're doing (b+5ax)/x, would your answer be b+5a, or am I skipping something here?

This little fundamental problem is setting me back a bit, and I can't seem to find any answers on the internet.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
If you're doing (b+5ax)/x, would your answer be b+5a, or am I skipping something here?

This little fundamental problem is setting me back a bit, and I can't seem to find any answers on the internet.

i don't know the answer, but i do know that's wrong.
b/x+5a

you divide both terms by x.. the b becomes a fraction. in the 5ax, the x's cancel out
well....sorry
Quote by edawg
b/x+5a

you divide both terms by x.. the b becomes a fraction. in the 5ax, the x's cancel out

Okay, thanks. That was actually the other answer I was thinking it would be...

Anyone dare to tell this man he is wrong? I'd really like a few opinions.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
hes dead on
I got my own life to live,
I'm the one that's going to die
when its time for me to die.
So let me live my life
the way i want to.
-Jimi Hendrix, If 6 was 9
hes right because if you divide both terms by x then its initially b/x + 5ax/x and that then simplifies to b/x + 5a
Nirvana guy beat me to it, but yea
its b/x+5a.

i guess the next qustion is,
whos in algerbra 1?
Well, if it gives you any peace of mind just know that you will rarely need to do that kind of stuff when you get into higher math courses because b/x+5a is just as hard to work with as (b+5ax)/x. But I guess you still need to know how to do it.
I ended up with the area between the paraboloid x^2 + z^2 = 1 and the sphere 3(x^2+y^2+z^2) = 27. I must be doing something wrong.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.