Alright, well it's quite clear about how (for as good as they may be) LP's really are overpriced.

Nevertheless, I'm interested in picking one up. ESP Eclipse's are not out of the question, but I'm leaning towards an actual Gibson at the moment due to the fact that I already have a guitar (that I absolutely love) for metal.

I've heard Studios can really suck, and obviously Customs cost a ton (I do love that ebony fretboard, though)

Aside from that, I'm kind of lost.
The BFG. (the one with the single coil at the neck) P-90
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
edwards or other japanese copy...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if anyone say lp studio i have a feeling that a certain person goes by the name of bokuho is going to come in here and rant about the poor quality and blah blah blah
I have played many LP studios and don't a problem with them at all. Whats the deal? They are a great way to get a real Gibson LP with a decent finish without all the cosmetic eye candy. I looking into getting one my self and don't know why any would say they suck.
my friend's tutor has one, he said is the best guitar he ever played, as for experience he used to teach steve vai and couple others.
If you want the best price/quality balance, i think you should focus on Tokai, Burny (the old ones), Orville, Greco,...
These make very good LP's for their price. Very close to Gibson quality and tone!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by psychokiller99

Awesome guitar choice man! (I have one and love it )

However, cost efficient, not really Go with DaveMc on this I'd say, I just happened to have the money at the time and got lucky with mine, which blew away all other guitars that I'd played. Have a look at Epi Elitists and Tokais, from what I've heard are pretty good bang-for-buck guitars.
Hmm, I do like Edwards a lot...

I just found out that my Uncle has a Les Paul Classic (not sure from what year... I think he said '97?) that he'd sell me for $2000 (though he'd probably go lower) which he put DiMarzios in, and really doesn't plan on selling to anyone but me. I haven't had a chance to play it yet though.
Quote by which ones pink
I think that a Carvin California single completely destroys all but custom shop and vintage Les Pauls, and can be had for around 2 grand from Carvins website.

2 grand? whenever i build mine i comes out to about 1650...and im not cheap on the features
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by kckyle
if anyone say lp studio i have a feeling that a certain person goes by the name of bokuho is going to come in here and rant about the poor quality and blah blah blah

+100000000
Quote by Slaytanic6606
We have a pyramid with an all seeing eye, and a menacing eagle with arrows in it's talons.
You have a duck.

PRS Custom 24
Peavey Windsor + 2x12
Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tubescreamer
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde