hey
im learning the song raining blood by slayer and i was wondering if there is a 'set' or better way to play this riff (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/slayer/raining_blood_ver3_guitar_pro.htm)

e
b
g
d-------------------------------------------------------3--------------------------------------------3-8--
a-------------------------------------------------------1--------------------------------------------5-6--
E-5-3-2-0-6-4-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-4-3-0-5-3-2-0----5-3-2-0-6-4-3-0-5-3-2-0-6-4-3-0------0-

the whole thing is at a tempo of 214 and all the notes are 16th notes, except for the powerchords which are 8th notes
in the tab its called "crazy part"

when i play this is simply alternate pick the notes on the E string, and then at the correct time do a downstroke to play the powerchords.

my question is: is this technique right or good? i know that i can just keep building up speed if i practice it alot (right now i can play it at a tempo of 110bpm, so im getting there)

and also: is there any other technique or method you guys could suggest? for exapmle i tried tapping it and it was alright, so anything like that.

your help will be appreciated thanks
Alternate picking is the way to go with it, definitely but it's a damn fast riff; don't worry if it takes you a while.

I look at it this way: Raining Blood isn't a song, it's a picking hand workout.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You're choice of technique is perfect. Just keep pluggin' away at it.
Quote by nightwind
You must never double the leading tone ever. Failure to comply will result in a fugue related death.
lol. god that riff took me MONTHS to get down. and yeah, Raining blood is basically a picking hand workout.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

never, ever, be discouraged by people who say that its an easy song. That riff is not easy. Work on it with a metronome, its straight 16ths mostly.

first work on the picking hand. just try getting the 1st 4 notes up to speed with a metronome.

5-4-2-0 over and over....

then you can work on the position shifts. between the 5th and 6th fret.

then lastly you can play those power chords they slot in.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]