hey guys
my parents have been crying about me hogging the tv with my xbox.
so i figure a should get an LCD monitor for my gaming so i can play in my room
-17 to 22 inch would be ideal
-needs to have VGA inputs (so i can plug my 360 into it)
-does not need in built speakers (i will just use my CD player)
-around the price range of $300 to $400 AUS

If you could provide me with a link that would be great.

Thanks for your help guys.
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can
well i dont think they make 360 HDMI cables do they?
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can
Does it have to be a computer monitor? why not just a small HD TV?

And I'm pretty sure they make HDMI cables for 360.
Quote by seljer

ahhh huh. i was under the impression they only made VGA. thanks.

anyone got any suggestions?
and yes it could be a small HD TV but i really don't wanna pay more that $400 AUS
Quote by DaliLama
Quote by bodomlove
ahhh huh. i was under the impression they only made VGA. thanks.

anyone got any suggestions?
and yes it could be a small HD TV but i really don't wanna pay more that $400 AUS

most new LCD TVs come with HDMI input

and I've seen a handful of computer monitors with HDMI input too
Quote by JackalUK
Yes, like $40-$50 though for an official one

For a HDMI cable that's actually quite cheap. For a high quality HDMI cable it would be somewhere around £80 GBP. Where I work they sell HDMI cables from a company called Monster cable, who also supply guitar cables and other cabling equipment for U2, Aerosmith and tons of other huge bands.

For the best quality of picture possible you should be looking to get a small 1080p HDTV with a HDMI cable.
Well I love my ASUS VW222U If that helps? Its 22 inches, has VGA, well received on the internet, overall an excellent quality monitor.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by syk3d
Well I love my ASUS VW222U If that helps? Its 22 inches, has VGA, well received on the internet, overall an excellent quality monitor.

+1

ASUS make awesome monitors, best value I've found and they always get good reviews.
Quote by seljer
most new LCD TVs come with HDMI input

and I've seen a handful of computer monitors with HDMI input too

You can buy HDMI to DVI convertors / cables since HDMI and DVI-D are the same standard, just different connectors. Most decent PC monitors now come with DVI inputs..
I am using a samsung syncmaster 226bw 22" widescreen monitor. I pretty much love it because I can have my computer and PS3 hooked up to it and switch between the 2 at the touch of a button. I used to have a 360 hooked up to it and it looked wicked. there's also both a dvi & vga connector

http://www.trustedreviews.com/displays/review/2007/03/09/Samsung-SyncMaster-226BW/p1
Quote by Twist of fate
I like playing twister with dead cats and old people
get a chimei monitor. i have one and i know heaps of people with one (my bro has 2) - they are great and generally much cheaper than other brands. the CMV 221D has a vga input.

http://www.shopbot.com.au/p-24352-493839.html

you may not know the brand name, but chimei are the company that actually make the lcd panels that are used by Viewsonic, Dell, Acer, Samsung, Benq, AOC, Proview and Asus. with the other brands you're basically paying extra for a name you recognise, but getting the same product as a chimei lcd monitor (stands etc will differ between brands also).
from daylight...
...into darkness
has the TS considered how he's getting audio with only a monitor? Or will you be looking for one with inbuilt audio? Or do you have speakers already?
Quote by freedoms_stain
has the TS considered how he's getting audio with only a monitor? Or will you be looking for one with inbuilt audio? Or do you have speakers already?

he mentioned that in the first post.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by divid3d
he mentioned that in the first post.
d'oh! in my defence it's 11am and I haven't been to bed.
thanks for your help guys!!
Quote by DaliLama
I say goto Walmart and pick up a small HD tv for under 500. They usually come with a monitor hook up/other useful hookups as well.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"