I'm 17 in my 2nd year of high school, I started homeschooling at 6th grade because i wanted to get away from the shallow life of public school. For awhile i didn't have any friends because all the kids I knew were VERY sheltered.. around 8th grade I started hanging out with a group of other home school high schoolers who didn't at all fit in with the boring home school lifestyle and weren't shallow ass holes like most of the public school kids (a few are my friends). I owe almost everything to them for making me who I am today.

All of my friends are in college, a couple stayed home attending the local community college, a few moved so far away I don't see them ever, and 2 joined the marines. It's not all bad, I got about 4 friends I could see any day i wanted (which is enough for me) but ever since they left I've become increasingly depressed.

I know I'm only in high school, but already my social life with some of my best friends is almost gone, and It wont be long until they are out of college and moved away for good. Most people 10 years later are doing just fine not seeing their childhood friends, usually keeping in touch with a few maybe. But me, I am so close to these friends that the idea of us all growing up and apart really pisses me off. Our greatest days are behind us, some of them are not even the same since they went to college. I know some of you are thinking "just make new friends" but I'm the kinda person that makes a few friends and would take a bullet for them. In a way, my childhood as far as my friends go... It's already over

It was fun but it ended way too soon.

edit: thanks for letting me vent
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Last edited by touji-za-nai at Apr 29, 2008,
That's just how it goes.

Everything good seems to over too fast.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
I'm moving to the other side of the world not knowing a soul soonish. You've just got to look on the bright side of life dude

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Blackvelvet
All your friends are moving away to college?
Most of you are still virgins?
You know what this means right?
Before prom night you must all get laid!
/Cliched movie plot.

half and half
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
half and half

have the experienced half do it with the virgins. Im good at math
Quote by rcw110131
Don't be gay you retard.
Quote by Nightmare_xxx

You know what to do.

that wasnt even funny.

seriously, i know how you feel--to an extent. it sucks when everyone you know goes away for college; you do grow apart from them. but that doesnt mean its the end of everything... i mean ****, most people in your life are basically temporary, as many will move away or just change. you can keep the old friends, even if you dont see them every day. once youre out of highschool and need to get a job and move out and go to college--everything is going to change. even if your friends dont move away, your schedules might be so different that seeing them is nearly impossible. basically, it does suck, but youll have to get used to it. how do you think people make it when they "go away" for college, not knowing anyone? they deal with it and make new friends, while keeping in touch with the old ones.
Quote by killzy
have the experienced half do it with the virgins. Im good at math

LOL

that is sorta possible just cuz a few of the virgins are girls
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by Guitar_Poet
that wasnt even funny.

seriously, i know how you feel--to an extent. it sucks when everyone you know goes away for college; you do grow apart from them. but that doesnt mean its the end of everything... i mean ****, most people in your life are basically temporary, as many will move away or just change. you can keep the old friends, even if you dont see them every day. once youre out of highschool and need to get a job and move out and go to college--everything is going to change. even if your friends dont move away, your schedules might be so different that seeing them is nearly impossible. basically, it does suck, but youll have to get used to it. how do you think people make it when they "go away" for college, not knowing anyone? they deal with it and make new friends, while keeping in touch with the old ones.

Ya, but most people go to college at the same time as most of their friends. Even if it's not the same college you are still going to a new place with an new group of people.

I'm still in high school so I'm still with the same home schoolers only i lost my friends, that's why I'm sad.. and ya I know better than the VT guy lol (he should of used fully-automatic weapons)
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
Ya, but most people go to college at the same time as most of their friends. Even if it's not the same college you are still going to a new place with an new group of people.

I'm still in high school so I'm still with the same home schoolers only i lost my friends, that's why I'm sad.. and ya I know better than the VT guy lol (he should of used fully-automatic weapons)

This guy knows his shit
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Quote by Nightmare_xxx

You know what to do.

i cant decide whether thats funny or cruel...

i think ill go with funny
Quote by Lolcheez324
1 time i was home alone and i said i want a cheeseburger and then mah dad got home and he had a bag of potatoes
I know how you feel, buddy.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
yeah i really know how you feel. i'm 20 this year, ughhhhh that's depressing and when i went to uni last year, i thought i'd lose my girlfriend and my old friends. however, me and my gal worked around it and a lot of my friends from high school agree our friend group still rocks and whenever we're all back in town, we paint it red!

so i think the moral of this story is:

prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and end up somewhere in between.

things will be fine, man, don't worry.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
the VT thing was pretty dirty man, not cool.

Moving away from your close friends sucks, I think I know first hand. I went to an International School, which meant every 3 years I'd lose a close friend or two unless I was really lucky. I'd rather have a couple of close friends like you, then have 100's of acquaintances. That being said, when you guys all meet back up during college breaks, its so awesome; you guys really tear it up. And if you guys are as close as it sounds like you are, distance won't change many things between you.
we're trying..
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
How could you, in 6th Grade, roughly 12 years old, decide that everyone was 'too shallow' for you. Who the fuck do you think you are?
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Have Buttseckz with them. Then there will always be a little peice of them with you forever. stuck inside you. inside your rectum. stuck to the rectal wall.
I partly know how you feel. It really does suck for a while. When I was 14 I moved from Germany to China... left all my friends, didn't know anybody in my new school. Didn't take long to find new great friends, but all of them left after one year in the International School. The next year I was alone for like a month... but if you are looking, you will find new friends. I've found some of the best friends ever after all my other ones left. Now it's my time to move on (going to the UK) and leaving my mates behind. We'll stay friends, just like the ones I have in Germany... and there will be new awesome friends to be found where I'll end up going.

But hey... I'm not really trying to help, as you already decided that "your childhood as far as friends go is already over". With that attitude you won't find new friends for sure... and I don't see how friends are only part of your childhood. I for one don't regret moving away from my friends to find new ones and I'll be doing the same again soon.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by JamesDouglas
How could you, in 6th Grade, roughly 12 years old, decide that everyone was 'too shallow' for you. Who the fuck do you think you are?

His point exactly.

it happens to most, if not all, of us. you will go through periods of isolation and then just when you least expect it a whole bunch of new people come along, but you still get to see the old friends from time to time.

it's life mate.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
I know exactly how you feel. Not because of the friend part but the childhood part.

I'm nearly 17 and I feel my childhood is over. Its pretty much time for me to enter adult hood and make some huge decisions which will determine what I do for my life and how I will live.

I remember back to when I was maybe... 10-11 and me and my older brother would just sit on the Nintendo 64 playing Starcraft and Goldeneye all day. And at that time it was just what we did. But looking back on it now, You don't know how much I want to be 10 again and just having a blast with my brother.

But I have some good things to look forward to also, being 17 in a month I can get my P's which means I can drive, another year I'll be able to go out to a bar and have a few drinks with my mates.

So I guess the saying is right;
You don't know what you've got till its gone.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Don't worry about it. You can still be great friends even though you don't see eachother every single day. My best friends live about a hundred miles away, and I only see them like once or twice a month to jam. It doesn't make us any less of friends (it's even easier with the Internet allowing easy contact through facebook, instant messenger, etc)
Quote by Nightmare_xxx

You know what to do.

lmfao.
hahah
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
Quote by -Bloo
His point exactly.

No, he's right. At the same age I felt the same about everyone around me- they were shallow self-obsessive morons who couldn't see past the weekend's drinking session. As a result I ended up with few friends.
You could say its also how we learn and mature. There was a time when you played hide n go seek with ur friends and siblings, but as we grow older it passes us like a phase, we develop and our knowledge expands. And when you learn about new things you change and go down your own path, some friends may follow you down it but alot won't. You're still friends none the less, you just live a different life to them.

At the end of this year I have to leave my current home (new zealand) to go back to singapore for my compulsary millitary service. I've ben living in nz for ten years, all my childhood memories are of this country and the people here, I go back for two years and I don't know whats gonna happan after it. I try and show a hard face as if I'm not actually worried. But as much as i put a face on its not true. I care alot because the ones I care about won't be there and Its quite hard to think how I would survive. But as with all things, you meet others. Others whos current situation are in the same line as you, and with hardship comes friendship.

You can't live life been scared of the future and its challenges, you have to trust yourself and your own ability to explore the unknown. Live life to the full, take every opportunity and never regret your descisions no matter the outcome. If you make a mistake, lose a friend. pick yourself up, learn from it and use it.

People make and lose friends all the time, its how they deal with it that shapes who they are and where they will go.
WA LAU!! SIAO AH!?!?!
People in year 6 are thinking about getting smashed on the weekend? Wow, I guess the age for underage drinking has gone down...

I can't really relate to you man. Simply because, I had few friends in High School. When I got to College I made stacks of new friends. In fact, College was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. Also, my best friend who's been my best friend now for 5-6 years, wasn't in school with me until I was in grade 12 and he was in grade 11. We met back when I was in about grade 8 I think, and we were best friends for ages. We used to go to each other's houses all the time, and when I started playing guitar he'd already been playing for a couple of years so I always looked up to him even though I was older than him. Although, I never think about him as being younger than me, cause we're so similar. But still, we're best friends and we'd jam all the time and hang out and we weren't even at school together. Then when we were, it was like the best thing either. We used to always hang out and talk music theory and other stuff. And during the holidays we were always over at each other's houses. Now I've finished College and it's gotten harder again, but we're still best friends.

So I guess the point of all that is that you don't need to be going to the same school to be best friends. School isn't all of our lives. Sure it's a major part of it, but it's not our entire life. So don't worry too much. After all, as you get older you get more independent and capable of travelling long distances, especially when you get your license and a car. So it should be easy for you to all see each other. And make the most of holidays.

Hope I've helped alleviate some of your fears.
sig goes here