I play a Gibson Les Paul Standard/USA Fender Strat through a Boss-ME50 and a Fender Ultimate Chorus. The amp is 130 watts so i barely take it past 0.5/10 on the volume or the rents go mad. I don't seem to get a great sound out of it, is this normal for such a low volume? It sounds great loud though. Im thinking of getting a 5 watt valve practice amp for playing quietly indoors such as a peavey valveking royal 8 etc. good idea? bare in mind i play anything from the beatles to feeder to metallica and slayer.

Cheers.

EDIT: also bare in mind i do also play through a 10-watt kustom amp. which really doesn't do my gear justice!
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
Last edited by fretblaze at Apr 29, 2008,
You need to change the vol pot to a linear pot . We get that on our fender, im not sure what type it is. But yeah that's soo freakin annoying.

edit: Yeah going on with what I said, when I used to let my students use that amp id have to make sure i set the volume because they'd accidently go past one and bam you're hit with a truck.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
It isn't a valve amp.
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
thing is, can i still play distortion through it with my boss me-50 and still get a good increase in sound quality compared to the kustom? i don't want to negate the valve effect with distortion if its possible.

Gear:
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass