I'm thinking about putting some new pickups on my tele.

Anybody got some recommendations on what brand?
depend on what style u wanna play, get some Lace Sensors theyre expensive but they are heaps good!
Quote by ZoSoBeatle
depend on what style u wanna play, get some Lace Sensors theyre expensive but they are heaps good!

Lace sensors aren't that expensive. However Lace only have 1 tele model. Standard sensors won't fit.

I would always trust Seymour Duncan so maybe go with them?
Meh, duncans are a bit touch and go for me.
Completely depends on styles and what not. I've got a set of duncans which sound great clean, but terrible distorted, and one of my duncan humbuckers which sounds crap clean but amazing distortion, i've heard much better pickups out there for the price.
But a budget would help!!!
I have plenty of pedals so I just need something as clean as possible which is good at picking up mid-tones

Last edited by ther0ckg0d at May 1, 2008,
Dude. guitarfetish.com. This place is awesome and cheap. You can get a set of top quality hand wound tele pickups for 80 bucks.
your budget would really help us out here as well as what you play
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
I play mostly rock and blues, and since distortion didn't really exist in the 50s, my amp has a super-clean sound with almost no distortion. And I use a cord to connect the head that's specifically designed to pick up the mid-range tones coming from the guitar.

And I don't want something that'll be really expensive.
Well, if you're looking to play something with more distortion, I'd have to say your amp is kind of unsuited for the task. You can't expect pickups to really change much, they're for tweaking your tone. They're not going to make you amp into a fire-breathing rock monster.

What kind of cord is it? That sounds like a weird product description...
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, if you're looking to play something with more distortion, I'd have to say your amp is kind of unsuited for the task. You can't expect pickups to really change much, they're for tweaking your tone. They're not going to make you amp into a fire-breathing rock monster.

What kind of cord is it? That sounds like a weird product description...
I don't want more distortion I want as little as possible! I have pedals that can give me as much distortion as I want. And it's a custom made cord.
Gotcha. Then really, any low output Tele pickups will do. That'll give you really clean tones. But no distortion pedal is gonna cover up the fact that they're low output Tele pickups. They're bound sound somewhat "thin" when distorted. Not going to have a lot of bottom end.

Don't know how good an idea this is, I still think you've got a strange setup that you're pushing to do things it really isn't suited for.
Well, the two distortion pedals I have (Ibanez turbo-tube screamer and a Seymour Duncan twin tube classic) give me a great sound even with the amp and current pickups I have.