So i was given this by my neighbour as a present for playing guitar to him. He used to play it in a band a long time ago, and i'm curious as to what it is, what the switches do, and everything else.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm going to restring it and clean it up a bit in a sec. So if you want more pictures, ask quick
Sweet.
dunno about the brand and stuff like that... why don't you ask your neighbour ...

and yeha... this bass sure is a beauty =)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Moar pics!We demand them!

plz...
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Looks techno 70's to me.

Does it play itself?

Anyway, any numbers on the neck, on the headstock, any writing at all anywhere?
Yeah sure thing. MY neighbour is very old, he said he couldn't remember =[ Bless him. Lol.

I'll make some food and get some more pics up. =]
Sweet.
It looks like it was made by National. They are known for odd shapes and a multitude of knobs, I would check around for that brand and try to compare guitars.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
I really can't work out what this one is. It's a real beauty though! It looks to me like a Japanese made '60s instrument like a Teisco or something but I can't find one the same. I suggest you email the guy at www.myrareguitars.com (who make Eastwood guitars) because he's got a large collection of similar looking instruments.
Quote by smb
I really can't work out what this one is. It's a real beauty though! It looks to me like a Japanese made '60s instrument like a Teisco or something but I can't find one the same. I suggest you email the guy at www.myrareguitars.com (who make Eastwood guitars) because he's got a large collection of similar looking instruments.

Eastwood guitars is a re-release brand that takes a bunch of iconic guitars and basses, and remakes them for cheaper under their brand name. The ones you showed him are their release of National guitars.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
Eastwood guitars is a re-release brand that takes a bunch of iconic guitars and basses, and remakes them for cheaper under their brand name. The ones you showed him are their release of National guitars.

I know what Eastwood do - I also know that the Mike that runs Eastwood is an avid collectors of funky old guitars and is always interested in instruments he hasn't seen, which is why I suggested he email. For example here is a gallery of some of his collection.
Quote by smb
I know what Eastwood do - I also know that the Mike that runs Eastwood is an avid collectors of funky old guitars and is always interested in instruments he hasn't seen, which is why I suggested he email. For example here is a gallery of some of his collection.

Ah, I did not know that. Sorry for the mixup.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
i'll get some more pics up soon, couldn't do it last night as i had important things to do
Sweet.
Quote by Captain Insano
Jeez, how many knobs/switches does it have?

just enough!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
You can never have enough switches! I demand a built-in keyboard on the back on the neck!
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!