i strongly advise that you learn how to read tabs.. it'll be pretty much easier for you in teh future
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
You know I honestly believe that guitarists read guitar tablature more fluently than normal words
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
Quote by guitartilldeath
You know I honestly believe that guitarists read guitar tablature more fluently than normal words

I recognise that hidden chord progression...
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
^ Lol.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Phill-Rock
I recognise that hidden chord progression...

I see what you did there.
tab is so easy to read, you could prolly learn it in ten minutes at most.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
If your a guitarist, you need to learn tablature, end of story. It's everywhere, if you don't know it, your going to be lost as a guitarist.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Quote by Toolshed#9
What exactly is there to learn? It's pretty much explains itself tbh.

+1, Tab is pretty self explanatory. It makes learning songs much easier.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
I know, my cousin told me he couldn't read tab and I was like what? It's..right there. What is there to learn? Allocate the lines to the strings and the numbers to the frets, so bloody simple!

edit: better yet learn how to sight read for guitar.
I didn't know it was possible not to know how to read tabs.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
I didn't know it was possible not to know how to read tabs.

Yeah, I know. I learned how to read tab the first day I started playing. It's not that hard. One kid at school plays guitar and he doesn't know how to read tab. He said it was because he is dyslexic. Does being dyslexic really make it harder to read tabs?
Quote by IronMaiden5
Yeah, I know. I learned how to read tab the first day I started playing. It's not that hard. One kid at school plays guitar and he doesn't know how to read tab. He said it was because he is dyslexic. Does being dyslexic really make it harder to read tabs?

i assume it'd make it harder, but wouldnt it also mess with note reading and stuff too?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by The Evil Hat
i assume it'd make it harder, but wouldnt it also mess with note reading and stuff too?

I don't know. This kid says he learns by watching other people play, so I don't think he knows how to read notes either.
anhero, only solution
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Quote by IronMaiden5
I don't know. This kid says he learns by watching other people play, so I don't think he knows how to read notes either.

that can't be the most effective method...
Quote by The Evil Hat
that can't be the most effective method...

That's what I was thinking. I can't imagine learning like that. He wanted me to teach him Cowboys From Hell, but I told him that it would be much easier for him to learn how to read tab than have me have to teach him. I have had experience with trying to show people how to play things, and I am horrible at it.