Is it possible?

I'm stumped, but I could be just stupid.

This isn't for my homework btw, I'm building a sub box for my car and fail at maths.

Cheers.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

Supposing it's to scale, you could split it up into two shapes, find the area of the rectangle then find the area of the triangle.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Do you have the measurements for the top edge?
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
like, dur...

tan(70) = 400/x = answer

.5*answer*400= area triangle

400*(430-answer)= area square

area triangle+ area square = done
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
I would probably used to have some idea of doing it but I haven't done maths for about a year so I'm stumped. Just search for finding the area of an irregular quadrilateral into google.
Quote by Mister.Y
like, dur...

tan(70) = 400/x = answer

Geometry wins
It's not to scale, guys.
Quote by chillininfl
dude, you don't even deserve her. women deserve respect. not rights, but respect. =]
Quote by GiantRaven
Having absolutely no body hair streamlines you. Means you can play guitar faster

x=145,588

,5*145,588*400=29117,62

400*(430-145,588)=113764,76

29117,62+113764,76= about 142882,38 square millimeter
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
As Ex'sAndOh's said, find the flat bit on the top (technical I know), and it's easy enough.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I calculated it and i got 142910 mm^2= 14.2910 cm^2, which im pretty sure is right. PM me if you want proof or something.

EDIT: the guy above me is more accurate, cause i just rounded off the tan values.
Last edited by merabharatmahan at Apr 29, 2008,
whats the area of the top?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
part of Trumpet Player's Alliance
Pimus sucks group
80s rock group
Quote by frozen_soul
ummm testicular cancer?
Quote by merabharatmahan
I calculated it and i got 142910 mm^2= 14.2910 cm^2, which im pretty sure is right. PM me if you want proof or something.

Nearly the same as me.
Quote by Mister.Y
like, dur...

tan(70) = 400/x = answer

this
Awesome, thanks guys, one more question though.

Seeing as you've worked out the area, what's the length of the top unknown value?....
Quote by chillininfl
Quote by GiantRaven

its 430-145,588=about 284,412 mm
Champion!

Thanks alot, just made my job a whole lot easier.
Quote by chillininfl
Quote by GiantRaven