hey all, i'm looking for a delay pedal that can switch easily between a normal delay and a tap tempo delay. so far i've sourced the boss dd-7 or dd-6, but i understand that i gotta hold the pedal down for a couple of seconds. do any of you know of any other pedals that have a tap tempo?
Line 6 DL-4? I think it's a good choice for You...
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Yeah, I had a DL-4, they're absolutely awesome.

EDIT: I now have a DD-6... and it really isn't anywhere near as good. The price difference is really worth it
Digitech's delay does tap tempo, but it's main delay feature is kind of basic though. It can't do backwards delay like the BOSS pedals can, for example.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Boss DD3,6 and 7 ALL THE WAY. Forget anything else, Boss is what you want (and no, i'm not being paid to say it, I just love them. I personally have the DD3 and it just rocks...no tap tempo but i just tweak my settings. Rock on to the Delay Song!
I can do no wrong, for I do not know what wrong is.

The Gear:
Squire 50th Stratocaster (Pimped Out)
Gibson SG Standard
Tuxedo Telecaster Terror (Own Build)
Nameless Les paul
Marshall MGFX 100 Combo
seriously dude? for some reasons, i nv really liked line6. although i'm sidetracking here, i prefer the vox tonelab to the line6 pods
Line 6 look all nice and flashy (i'm talking amps here but I assume its all over the range...) but I have it on good authority that...they MEH major style. All a person could ever want is a Marshall amp, maybe a Mesa, and Boss stomp boxes. MAYBE a Digitech Whammy but other than that...really, its up to what you like in effects, but Boss will see you through ALL the way.

The Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
Nameless Les paul
Marshall MGFX 100 Combo
Forget about ^^^^this fool, thats WAY to complicated.
No offence LP_Cl :-) But that device is WAY OTT looking. Looks like it should be rack mounted. Who's gonna twiddle with that on stage? To each their own I guess.

The Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
Nameless Les paul
Marshall MGFX 100 Combo
haha yeah it does look complicated. plus i'm saving up for space on my pedal board, so best would be a boss sized pedal.
Quote by MrFlibble
Digitech's delay does tap tempo, but it's main delay feature is kind of basic though. It can't do backwards delay like the BOSS pedals can, for example.

Digitech's Digidelay has short, medium, long, tape, modulation, reverse, 4seconds of looping, and I have never encountered the tap function on mine, but I have always just tweeked.

Also about the TC Electronic..... 2.3 seconds of delay time isn't much. I would rather pay less, and get more flexibility, and comparable sound. And according to the reviews, TC seems to be kinda inconsistent. And only a 1 year warranty.

Give me the DD20 any day.
Last edited by MAYNARD at Apr 29, 2008,
It does exist rack mounted, but also as a pedal. And it looks complicated, but once you programmed it like you want it, its real easy to use live on stage. Really.
You guys dont have to believe me, but it is true.
And it sounds like a real analog boutique pedal. No other digital pedal sounds that good.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl