One of my very close friends (who is a girl) moving away soon. And shes always been really into my guitar playing and singing.

So I want to play her a song before she goes at a party that is being held for her in like 2 weeks.

But at the moment I'm a bit stuck on what song would be suitable...

Anyone got any suggestions? Just acoustic and voice. And my voice has a pretty good range, I just can't hit the really high notes so take that into consideration when recommending a song.

So far the best I've got is Wake up by Coheed and Cambria.

Cheers, Felix.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
'Song to say Goodbye - Placebo'
Free Beer?

webbtje
When im home alone i like to strip to me undies and rock out really loud and dance and headbang and just get into it.. in fact, i am right now.. btw im like 16. And i do it in drop d, which makes it even dirtier.
Quote by johntb
Try writing 1?

I tried but I seriously suck with lyrics.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
writing one would be a good idea, it doesn't have to be amazing, just try to convey how you feel....

try and make it happyish tho
Bam
i'd also say so long goodbye by sum 41 but i guess writing one also seems like a pretty good idea. but if you're not into it, then just play a nice departing song.
If you got in a band and played I Never Dreamed by Black Label Society that would be epic. But considering that's not an option, maybe The Sacrament (acoustic) by HIM (Ville Valo on his own though), you could find a vid on youtube. Through Glass - Stone Sour you can play it all acoustic. Or a feelgood song like Wordplay or You & I Both by Jason Mraz, you could just ignore the other instruments. If this post has been completely useless to you, I'm sorry for wasting your time.
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX

Well, I personally think that writing your own would be the most meaningful.

If it's a goodbye song, what would you allude to? You could quote a book that has a similar situation.

Or try using emotions? Leaving usually implies some sort of sadness. Maybe something to do with tears? Or if you don't feel like using that, try something along the lines of "droplets of water". How about a letter? A memory?

Well, if you don't want to do that, how about Augustana's Boston? I guess you could try some Dashboard off of the Swiss Army Romance album.
Everlong by Foo Fighers maybe? That ones a bit risky actually. She might get the wrong idea.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Hello, I'm in Delaware - City and Colour

that would be nice, especially if you could sing the last chorus as it should be sung.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX

Lyrics are easy according to a friend of mine.
He sez you just have to pick out 3 things about whatever you want to sing about and arrange 'em with commas.
Luthier's Workshop

Acoustic Guitar making discussed here.
Free To Join
  • Design

• Materials

• Adheasives

• Finishing & Inlay

• Materials sources

• Chat