Page 1 of 2
This whole thing about sigging people.

I was just strolling around the forum and every now and then you see people with a quote in their signature - and in that quote, the user gets a compliment. For example:

Quote by metacarpi

Slann, you are rapidly becoming a hero for me!

That really grinds my goddamn gears. Is there anyone else that gets annoyed by this? With all due respect to those users, cause im sure they're good people and all, but this just oozes arrogance. Lets put it in a different perspective.

Imagine having a conversation with someone, in REAL life. He tells you about how he got a raise at his job, and he hasn't even been working there that long. His boss told him he was doing a wonderful job. YOU, are impressed. So you say: "That's amazing man, congrats on doing such good work!"!

You might think okay, that's normal, right? Wrong. This time - he has a voice recorder, and he recorded your compliment. And EVERY SINGLE time that he starts up a conversation with someone, he will play that compliment to that person. Yes. That's annoying. And sigging compliments that are aimed at you is basically the internet equivalent of that. Better yet, it's the internet equivalent of comparing penis sizes, taking a picture, and showing everyone you had the bigger one.

Just my two cents. Am I the only one here who thinks of it that way?
Poor metacarpi

You can stick whatever you want in your sig, it's your own space.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I tend to agree.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Meh, they're no worse than people who fill the sig with quasi-intellectrual garbage.
Just be glad pictures aren't allowed in signatures here.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
It's not that annoying and not everybody does it.
Free Beer?

webbtje
When im home alone i like to strip to me undies and rock out really loud and dance and headbang and just get into it.. in fact, i am right now.. btw im like 16. And i do it in drop d, which makes it even dirtier.
Meh. Flattery can only get you so far. It won't be long until poor Metacarpi is giving blowjobs in a back ally for cash and the latest heroin fix.

Poor Metacarpi
Quote by gallagher2006
Meh. Flattery can only get you so far. It won't be long until poor Metacarpi is giving blowjobs in a back ally for cash and the latest heroin fix.

Poor Metacarpi

He already is

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I don't take issue with people posting complements in their sig so much as I take issue with people having so much crap in their that it takes forever to get to the next post...
WRAP IT UP!!!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
man u guys must be really damn bored... geez big deal what they put there how bout talking about something that is actually worth talking about... damn dumfuk
Control Panel > Edit Options > Thread display options > Show signatures. Untick that.

Quit your bitchin'.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
Control Panel > Edit Options > Thread display options > Show signatures. Untick that.

Quit your bitchin'.

^This

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
lol look at the posts.. stop bothering with sigs xd
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX

Quit your bitchin'.

This man is your saviour, listen to him, for he is wise!

It would be ultimate irony if you sigged this now

Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX

Quit your bitchin'.
Do this. People can have what they want in their sigs. Deal with it.
Yeah, it does annoy me sometimes.. I prefer the funnies.
FUNK IS THE WAY

you can be in my dreams if i can be in yours
And youve got a quote by a writer. Not that I have anything against Wilde, but quotes of writers, poets etc annoys me like 10 times more.
Quote by Jehuty
This whole thing about sigging people.

I was just strolling around the forum and every now and then you see people with a quote in their signature - and in that quote, the user gets a compliment. For example:

That really grinds my goddamn gears. Is there anyone else that gets annoyed by this? With all due respect to those users, cause im sure they're good people and all, but this just oozes arrogance. Lets put it in a different perspective.

Imagine having a conversation with someone, in REAL life. He tells you about how he got a raise at his job, and he hasn't even been working there that long. His boss told him he was doing a wonderful job. YOU, are impressed. So you say: "That's amazing man, congrats on doing such good work!"!

You might think okay, that's normal, right? Wrong. This time - he has a voice recorder, and he recorded your compliment. And EVERY SINGLE time that he starts up a conversation with someone, he will play that compliment to that person. Yes. That's annoying. And sigging compliments that are aimed at you is basically the internet equivalent of that. Better yet, it's the internet equivalent of comparing penis sizes, taking a picture, and showing everyone you had the bigger one.

Just my two cents. Am I the only one here who thinks of it that way?

You don't have to read it, so it would more accurately be like recording the compliment and playing it back really quietly.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
It's pretty annoying, but it is perpetual.

Several times in the pit I have had something ridiculously over-the-top said to me in a lame sig attempt like

"wow mistress_ibanez thanks a lot you own my soul"

"mistress_ibanez like totally wins the internet"

ffs. Just say you agree or whatever. Sigging your own compliments is sad but giving them out just to get sigged is worse.
Wow Mistess_Ibanez, you're so ****ing awesome.

amidoingitrite?
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
Yeah, it is fairly annoying. But you have to consider, these people probably don't get any praise in real life so they seek it online.
Ibanez, they only say that **** cuz you have a poonand this place is filled with horney 15 yr olds.

as fo rthe compliments....

I whole hartedly agree. its annoying, granted there are some funny ass ones you see around here that are actually worth sigging. Personally, i would rather sig something that made me laugh so hard i couldnt control my bladder.
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Quote by smb
I think it's better than gear lists or GAS lists.

I hate people that put their gear in their sig, especially when they have smilies after everything in it.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX

Quit your bitchin'.

Hes got the right idea.
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
I don't usually like them, but I just actually couldn't resist doing the one in my sig.
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
I don't care. It's only a forum for Gods sake.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by Jehuty

This is the interwebs you n00b
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Dont mind sigs really, just dont like people who try to get sigged e.g "OMG you are sooo awsome and full of win!!" kind of stuff. Those people can f*ck right off.
yea, sigging is annoying as hell. its really not that big of a deal that you said something funny one isolated time. thats why i put a badly worded pretentious insult from a complete tool in mine. its not everyday that you piss of someone so full of himself.
I have no opinion on this matter.
TS:

Have you been hit with the dyslexic shovel by any chance?

Seriously. Get over it. It's the internet/Pit
Page 1 of 2