Page 1 of 2
I'm just curious about the type of music that all the guitar lovers on here play. So what genre do you play and like most? classical? jazz? blues? rock n' roll? try to be specific, like if you play rock n roll, tell me if it's progressive rock, classic rock, grunge or some other sub genre. Personally, my thing is blues and classic rock
anything that goes rawr in it
Quote by Sasms
tape a chainsaw to your dick then give all of them anal

Quote by Trefellin

Make a pipe bomb and detonate it in your face. Then, persuade one of the ER doctors to leave some of the shrapnel in.
I like everything. I listen to everything from 50's American folk to 80's glam rock to gothic/doom metal to Japanese RnB, to regular pop music and everything in-between. I like everything equally.

What I play is 90% straight-up rock and blues-based rock. Think mid-career Bon Jovi, early Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, 70's Eric Clapton, etc. I also play a tiny bit of blues and a tiny bit of metal too on occasion, but simple rock 'n roll is what usually comes out of my amp. That said, though 'basic' rock is what I play most, I prefer playing brainless pop-punk (Green Day, Avril Lavigne, etc). Mostly because it's so simple so I can do it without concentrating, which lets me do other things at the same time.

In short, I'm all over the place.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
75% of the time I'm playing tool, 20% I'm playing Dream Theater. The rest of it is whatever, all over the rock genre. Mostly it's a small percentage because most bands I only pick one or two songs I'd really like to learn, and I just eat up Dream Theater and Tool.
Technical death metal.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
80's metal & some newer metal, and/or contemporary Christian light rock stuff on the electric guitar. Fast Bluegrass if playing the acoustic guitar, banjo or mandolin.
80's metal/rock
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by MurderWorship
Technical death metal.

wait don't you mean melodic death metal...
oh and i play whatever i feel like playing.
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by BAoxymoron
wait don't you mean melodic death metal...
oh and i play whatever i feel like playing.

No, I don't.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by MurderWorship
No, I don't.

you got me curious can you give me some bands and songs
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Neo-Prog and Prog metal

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
I usually like Rock and Blues, and I play strictly blues and maybe some very bluesy rock.
I do listen to some neo-classical and shred and stuff like that, as long as it's tasteful. I like Paul Gilbert and Jason Becker, but MAB not so much. I can't shred worth crap though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Rock and blues are what I try and play. The emphasis on try
I use:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, in white

Epiphone Dove

Vox AD30
I like almost everything, but my favorite styles to play are probably metal, rock, and blues. I don't know which of those I like best though.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
I play a lot of modern rock/post-grunge stuff like Shinedown, Seether, Theory of a Deadman, etc... but I also play blues and some thrash metal. And I've been known to dive into some ska every now and then.
Nursery Rhymes.
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Progressive Blues..... if you wanna call that
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Alternative, I s'pose.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Listen to quite a lot I guess. 60's and 70's rock mixed with blues and a little bit of more modern stuff like Muse, Satch and Oasis.

As for what I play...pretty much rooted in a blues/classic rock mode. I can't escape the prison of the pentatonic scale!
I usually play thrash metal. Do i do play a bit of 80's rock some modern stuff and a bit of acoustic.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
hard rock blues pop punk tha br00talz m3t4l
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I used to play lots of Metal, but then I moved on to classic rock, and blues.

Weird eh?
Quote by BAoxymoron
you got me curious can you give me some bands and songs

Necrophagist, Anata, Nile, Cynic, etc.

i personally play black/death metal styles, like Dimmu Borgir/Bloodbath/Behemoth/Nile type music.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
METAL

mostly Metallica (just got into them and now own 5 CDs and 3 TAB songbooks!)
I play mostly thrash, melodeath, metalcore etc.

Quote by ugmung
Necrophagist, Anata, Nile, Cynic, etc.

i personally play black/death metal styles, like Dimmu Borgir/Bloodbath/Behemoth/Nile type music.

I always considered melodeath to be At The Gates, Dark Tranquility and The Absense, are those bands included too?
Page 1 of 2